Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Alsi Crystal

john_1
Super Contributor
Looks to me like we are laying the ground work of a gap close..
0 Kudos
24 REPLIES 24
Not applicable
Gonna be fast and ugly when it happens so guess we best react quickly to the change.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
John, i was wondering on this one. Today really started to look like a slow day but things are looking a little more action based for the afternoon session
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
why do say its looking more action based?
0 Kudos
saash
Super Contributor
which one - Monday's?
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
no this morning and the one created by all this short covering on the DOW.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Thats what I am talking about. Good short term action to scalp if you can just time it right. Dont have to be precise but closer the better. Small play today but still worth a buck or two.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Well I just finished scalping a few shares. Now we wait for the next 30 min...
0 Kudos
Ninja
Super Contributor
CPS which platform do you use to scalp intra day. I am using Idealcfds and find costs low on Dow & FTSE (2 points each way) however the JSE very pricey at 15 points each way on the TOPI.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Ideal at the mo but looking into e-trade but some one mentioned a site dx or dm something or the other. Want to check that out as well. Have an account in Uk I use sometimes as well
0 Kudos
Ninja
Super Contributor
I find the ideal platform as good as anything out there...it is the exact same platform as IG Markets UK. However I find trading the SA markets very expensive when compared to trading the FTSE and Dow. Trading FTSE and Dow allows you to trade from the mid morning to almost midnight if you choose and of course all earnings are converted from $ and £ into rands which is great. I would however like to trade the topi, anyone know of a platform that allows this at reasonable costs. One of the key requirements of scalping by its very nature is low comms and ideal are great on international markets but not local.
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
Ninja
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
1 point either way
0 Kudos
Electrox
Super Contributor
gapped into the gap. this should be fun.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Tnx john. could not remember this three letter website ;-)
0 Kudos
Electrox
Super Contributor
take your pick.. 200pts to either side..
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Even hot air balloon needs to set down some time and a ball will also bounce when it collides with the floor. Gravity ..... problem when the floor aint there no more
0 Kudos
saash
Super Contributor
The last week or so are full of gaps that aren't closing. I don't like it much.
0 Kudos
richardw
Super Contributor
So can we put to be the 'gaps always close' story? Maybe 'gaps close much of the time'? Or is the prophecy fulfilled if it closes within a year? Because there are many gaps from Oct last year that are still fantastically unclosed.
0 Kudos