Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Alsi Futures 01Nov10

sponono
Super Contributor
what now? OST analysis is bullish but the alligators dont agree.
0 Kudos
saash
Super Contributor
It was screaming and I didn't even trade it .... wow, have things changed in my life. Lol.
0 Kudos
HateGauteng
Super Contributor
Based on the Lazy, have you gone long now or is that a separate trade?
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
0 Kudos
HateGauteng
Super Contributor
Wussy . . . you scared!
0 Kudos
leminus2
Regular Contributor
REcon we have hit the low for the day.... or going any lower?
0 Kudos
HateGauteng
Super Contributor
On the 15 min chart, I see a breakaway gap on the 28th and another gap today (perhaps exhaution). Currently the 7/21 ma on me hacked chart points to more downside.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
S I M O N ....Teach us how gap trading works pleeeze.
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
Read this before the lesson:"How many times have you seen the market or individual stocks open significantly higher or lower than their previous close, then suddenly reverse direction and fill their "opening gap"? Did you ever wonder why this happens? It happens for a variety of reasons, but results in professional traders taking money from amateur traders anxious to get in or out of the market at the open. Professional traders have two things that amateur traders don't.knowledge and experience" ????Simon is a professional.....
0 Kudos
TOPIX
Regular Contributor
0 Kudos
richardw
Super Contributor
Er...you mean aside from the stuff that Google can tell you? :)
0 Kudos
asylum
Super Contributor
What is the percentage close for a gap on the alsi? i know in forex it has an 85% accuracy of closing a gap.
0 Kudos
HateGauteng
Super Contributor
. . . was doing this not too long ago as well. Just get back in and deal with the fear.
0 Kudos
Frogg
Frequent Contributor
i have to be honest and say that i learnt the hard way about gaps and to the pro's enjoy the bucks for now because i am paying my school fees. I did learn from my mistake and have recovered almost half of my losses back thus far today.
0 Kudos
saash
Super Contributor
Ya we all gone there, getting the market exit wrong and paying the pros. A gap is a cool animal when you understand it. Google tells you almost as much as you need to know, but also read about bollinger bands - as it does help with a gap trade (ok, you need life charts to do it propperly). The bollingers help to see the squeeze, and live charts are important so you can see the price movements, triggers and stops real-time.
0 Kudos
Frogg
Frequent Contributor
Thanks Sash, I am using futurespro live graphs and finding it very usefull identifying short term changes. Anybody using trading journal software that they can recommend.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Guys, one oke says that you must just google gap trading and another says go to this website and learn and the next moment another oke says, it is no way as easy as it sounds and the pro's will take you to the cleaners. SIMON you are a pro - teach me before I get taken to then cleaners!!
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
will do .. but not today, got cnbc shortly ..
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Aha, he did'nt say no. He just said later. Maybe we will start a new group called the African Turtles and make billions.
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
Simon will have to sit next to you in front of live charts the whole day and maybe the next and the next. Then be prepared to be tested like in an exam.Then mull over it. Then trade for five years full time, real time with a mentor looking over your shoulder. Guys, this is not play, play. We should spend a lot more tome on preparation, and then when you trade, trade big and make your money quickly.Lets face, most of us on this forum dont even know where to get live 15 minute charts or how to use them; it was never mentioned in the courses.
0 Kudos