Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Alsi Futures 03Nov10

HateGauteng
Super Contributor
Sheesh what hit me. I leave to go and visit mom in hospital, get a bite, pick up dad and the market spikes!
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
you still short ???
0 Kudos
doomsdayza
Super Contributor
300 point gap up tomorrow. but wtf do i know. trends up.
0 Kudos
HateGauteng
Super Contributor
Was short now closed out.
0 Kudos
AJT
Super Contributor
HG, I am loving your honesty on this forum - good luck, I really hope things improve for you...
0 Kudos
asylum
Super Contributor
never get in the way of a raging bull !
0 Kudos
Frogg
Frequent Contributor
What time local time is fed anouncement
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Me too. Last week they say the market has no power. Not enough companies with good results to maintain the up and up. I go short on the topi. What, today I get blown out of the water. This sucks! Hey HG, when you start getting tutoring, include me also, but keep it cheap. My cashflow is taking a knock.
0 Kudos
asylum
Super Contributor
snakepit your trying to trade against the major trend which is UP, you should be looking for a pullback to support areas to go long, youll get chewed up trading against the trend.
0 Kudos
Frogg
Frequent Contributor
Anybody with me on a short overnight
0 Kudos
doomsdayza
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
GUYS... Serriously...trading is about probability and there is no way of knowing what your odds on any trade tonight will be and more NB you have no way of protecting yourself if you are wrong. Any short term trade based on data relaesed after our market is closed in nothing short of a bad gamble...that said Every system should tell you when not to trade and at the top of your list should be a data release that can move the market after hours... enough said!!!
0 Kudos
grommet
Regular Contributor
if using the SLS you been long since friday . Hard lessons
0 Kudos
sponono
Super Contributor
42 counters hit a 52 weeks high today, 28 of those hit historical highs. "trying to fight the market is like arguing with a referee" Bernard Swanepoel. I will keep my longs until something changes, thank you.
0 Kudos
HateGauteng
Super Contributor
. . . and now there's an all fall down just as anticipated. Go figure!
0 Kudos
HateGauteng
Super Contributor
Looks like the making of a nice "123" on the Dow.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
When I went short, the market did take a dip, but it was a smaller one than what was expected. Even you guys on the forum were discussing a pullback. So I was following the trend. The problem was that the trend dried up very quickly and I did not get out fast enough. Okay so here is your next question - where was your stop-loss when things went sour? gggggghhhhhhhbbbbbrrrrraaaaaarrrrrrgggghhhhh.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Okay, I'm tired of this. It's not fun anymore. I can now lose money and not even blink an eye or get emotional. Either I have moved to the dark side and will now become some sort of trader or I must get out. All I wanted to make was 2 or 3 grand per month as an extra income to pay those small buggers that chew up your cashflow. Aag-no-well, been there, done that, got the T-shirt!
0 Kudos
HateGauteng
Super Contributor
hehehe. . . Also started out looking for a few K a month but got ambitious quickly.
0 Kudos