Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Alsi Futures 09Nov10

Not applicable
Simon, can't I ask a favour? Will you give us sort of a running commentry for a period of one week,on how you trade using the 21/7/15 system? It is not that we do not understand it, it is a case of doubting if we are doing it correctly. You look at a candlestick graph in it's simplest form with no fancy drawings and that seems like a great place to start. I am not expecting you to sit in front of the comp all day. You said the 21/7/15 is a trade anytime system. When ever you do put on a trade,just tell us what you see and what you did. It would be super cool to confirm if we see what you see.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
don't try and retro fit a system to catch all of every move .. simply you can't .. there are more trades a day then you could ever do .. just aim for the odd bit in the middle ..
0 Kudos
quovadis
Frequent Contributor
Looking at it again perhaps not but yesterday would have been dicey and exits would be critical to profitability.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
sure, trading is all about the exits ..
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
OK, few things .. not this week as I off to CPT tomorrow early and only really get back to my desk on Friday late morning .. further I must stress that it'll be for purposes of illustration (and maybe we can put some charts up on tickertalk) .. I say this because if you enter so much as a few minutes later then all bets are off, and a chat forum being what it is people will stumble across the posts more then a few minutes late .. lastly, it will be part of the new index trading course starting in Jan 2011 ..
remind me on monday ..
0 Kudos
quovadis
Frequent Contributor
What's the exit then ... being taken out with a trailing stop (if so how many points)?
0 Kudos
HateGauteng
Super Contributor
I trade the crossovers. Exit (turn trade) at the crossover.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
We understand the timing issues. I don't think this is the problem. I don't think we believe what we see. We doubt ourselves. We don't trust that it can be as simple as you state. As you stated, we don't even trust your Lazy system. We want to turn it into the mother of all mind boggeling difficulties. Next week is fine. A picture or two on tickertalk would of course be great. The course next year - Don't know if you can learn what you will show us over a period of 5 days, in one day? 5 After hour sessions with a look at what happened that day on the market could carry a lot more value. "Trading Night School" Now there is an idea. I bet you would fill your class every evening.
0 Kudos
quovadis
Frequent Contributor
What exactly is the 21/7/15 system?
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
An that snake is exactly it .. It's about the person, it's all in the head .. That nobody can teach .. With that in mind, we shouldn't by trading books, we should buy psychology books ..
0 Kudos