Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Alsi Futures 13Sept10

Not applicable
Think todays U.S open (not tennis) will be critical to the direction. See we at a heavy resistance level, unless mkt waiting for 14:30 tomorrow for U.S retail sales numbers. I will hold my longs until open of U.S, unless we start closing GAP before then. Still will stop out at a good 150 pips on ALSI and 10 points on S&P if markets head south. Based on retail sales tomorrow I will go long/short until Thurs jobless claims.... I firmly believe that when looking at holding positions 2 to 5 days you need to trade off news and sentiment and only use long term (daily) chart for overall trend.
0 Kudos
nala
Super Contributor
on what forum do you trade s&p ?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Global Trader. Spreads are a bit hectic though. Basically NOT for scalping/short term positions.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
an we just traded at the high of the day ..
0 Kudos
HateGauteng
Super Contributor
I see a 200 or so point difference between the dec and sept alsi futures. What causes this? Is it poor liquidity of dec contracts?
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
in part .. but mostly because the future always costs more, typically about 100 points per month until expiry ..
0 Kudos
Not applicable
its the interest calculation on the december futures contract isn't it? But it is moot, because of the sell price, which also takes interest into account.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
sure, but if the Top40 went side ways for 3 months, the ALSI futures would loose the 200 points .. it's called basis ..
0 Kudos
grommet
Regular Contributor
0 Kudos
grommet
Regular Contributor
gap still in play ?
0 Kudos