Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Alsi Futures 23Sept10

HateGauteng
Super Contributor
I see that the last price, when the alsi closed yesterday, was 25675. This morning the MTM price is 25783. I understand that adjustments are made during the course of the evening but this adjustment is more than 100 points. How does this work?
0 Kudos
19 REPLIES 19
Nessy
Contributor
I have been following the same and it looks like they take the index at 17h00 the previous day (or closely related to that)....not quite sure though.
0 Kudos
HateGauteng
Super Contributor
If yesterdays close was used there'd be a gap but now I'm not sure.
0 Kudos
striker
Super Contributor
As they say on the London undergound - mind the gap !
0 Kudos
nala
Super Contributor
On a similiar not -why cannot we not trade at market after 5 on the ET - some brokers allow at market till 5.30 -sbk only offers limit price after 5pm
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I just logged on and am totally confused by what I see on the figures as HG said. Are we in some timewarp here? Simon can you please explain what is going on here?
0 Kudos
nala
Super Contributor
i see what what you are saying -Where is Simon - or phone the helpdesk
0 Kudos
Not applicable
0 Kudos
HateGauteng
Super Contributor
News: 14:30 Jobless Claims; 16:00 Existing home sales; 16:30 Natural Gas report.
0 Kudos
DEP
Super Contributor
Eish, that might just bush S&P500 below technical level of 1131? Big Selling might kick in on the S&P 500 unless some + news from the job fig.
0 Kudos
HateGauteng
Super Contributor
Bush S&P500 - lol was that on purpose or was it your subconscious taking over? The B and P keys are too far on the keyboard for a finger slip.
0 Kudos
DEP
Super Contributor
lol... that was subconscious!
0 Kudos
HateGauteng
Super Contributor
Jobless numbers increase by 12000.
0 Kudos
DEP
Super Contributor
Yep, I think S&P 500 will "bush" below support...
0 Kudos
HateGauteng
Super Contributor
Dow futures "Obama'd" below 10600.
0 Kudos
doomsdayza
Super Contributor
have the US futures been red all day HG? coulda sworn i checked cnn a few minutes ago and they were 0.3% or so up?? did i miss something?
0 Kudos
HateGauteng
Super Contributor
My hacked chart and bloomberg says its red.
0 Kudos
doomsdayza
Super Contributor
haha no man ur right they are red... just don't think firefox refreshed properly and was showing this mornings futures which i think were green. sweet
0 Kudos
HateGauteng
Super Contributor
Sent you email. Follow the link, it should help.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
I have been on an off site all day .. hence this is not a support forum and hence we have a call center ..
0 Kudos