Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Alsi Futures 26Oct10

HateGauteng
Super Contributor
Asia in the red so far.
0 Kudos
15 REPLIES 15
HateGauteng
Super Contributor
Left my short out overnight (Never learn do I?!?).
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
dude .. before you loose youu money again .. why not do something good with it ?? donate it to hospice or cansa ??
0 Kudos
HateGauteng
Super Contributor
. . . . or I could drink and chase women with the money! Thinking back about all the money I could have spent doing just that . . . Well I coulda died young and good looking from liver failure or some STD. . .
0 Kudos
kwagga
Super Contributor
I agree with Simon. You still lack discipline and this market is unforgiving. Stick to your strategy or lose it all again. You are making someone else rich. The market loves people like you. Dude, you gambled away your pension. Who's money is on the line this time ? They might not be as forgiving.
0 Kudos
Mar-11
Super Contributor
HG, the last 2 overnights you left, seems you made money..... have you not thought about changing your system to fit ur personality, ie, being more of a swing trader than a day trader?
0 Kudos
HateGauteng
Super Contributor
. . . SARS monmey. Not too worried about pension. When the second great depression hits, most private pensions are going to be wiped out anyway. Govt pension might survive unless someone gets clever and puts this on the market.
0 Kudos
HateGauteng
Super Contributor
Made big profits with swing trading but wiped out when the trend turned against me.
0 Kudos
kwagga
Super Contributor
You're in denial dude. Make sure you get it right this time.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Dude, have you ever stopped to think that maybe you have a gambling addiction? You were wiped out once, and you are now using exactly the same cavalier approach to the markets a second time around. You make calls on the market (kudos for that!) but you are still not advocating any kind of systematic approach here. Even discretionary traders have system (not to mention an understanding of risk vs reward). HG this is not funny anymore. I don't even know you and I am worried about you dude!
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Simon, invite HG to come and talk at your trade-to-trade well seminar. It is easy to tell people what they should do, but the markets have a differtent way. I would love to hear what HG did wrong. I even messed up and too*****nock when the market fell more than I belived it could. These are the things that traders and investors need to learn. The course should be " Everything that could go wrong and did go wrong - How I lost a bundle". This is the type of course that people take note off. You learn more from somebody that did it wrong, than from somebody that did it right. And I bet we have a lot of "teachers" on this forum?
0 Kudos
asylum
Super Contributor
guys leave him alone we need people like HG who make us rich. really dude geta trading plan, without a plan your like a fish out of water.Rule 1 discipline, stop loss, cut losses short, no overnight positions, see simple.
0 Kudos
sponono
Super Contributor
HG: you and I can hold our shorts as long as we do not go above 26933
0 Kudos
Not applicable
HG, just a thought - I had a similar problem and it takes hard work and time to get over it. We can't stand to lose money, be it 10 bucks or a 1000 bucks. I don't think anybody can stomach it to lose money. Our mind tells us that 10 bucks is nothing but to just lose it is a nightmare. Those that trade have learned to overcome that value coupled to the 10 bucks. They now see it as a tool to create more wealth. Preserving that value is not their main priority anymore. Doubling that value is and they are willing to take small losses, to achieve that value-doubling-goal.
0 Kudos
saash
Super Contributor
Consider trading with less gearing, until you are more discipled. I too walked this path!
0 Kudos
PaulC
Super Contributor
HG I think you enjoy the thrill of trading too much. I enjoy it for sure but I trade with stops cause I dont enjoy losing too much :) If I were to guess id peg you for someone who is likely an engineer / IT type who is good with maths / stats and therefore feels like they SHOULD be able to trade. Im guess of course kinda like your trading strategy. Oh and mine too just dont tell anyone
0 Kudos