Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Alsi Futures 27Sept10

HateGauteng
Super Contributor
Huge gap wonder if it'll close. (Got my doubts!)
0 Kudos
24 REPLIES 24
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
smoke break .. then at 9 will set the entry levels for the gap close .. then just sit back an wait .. the lazy life ..
0 Kudos
HateGauteng
Super Contributor
Simon I transfered money to my trading account about an hour ago. It still doesn't reflect. No time for call centre, mom sick, missed dialysis on Friday due to holiday and need to go. Chat later. Thanks.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
0 Kudos
Not applicable
can you please lets us know what that entry level is?
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
26010 for my system .. target is 25760 ..
0 Kudos
Not applicable
0 Kudos
nala
Super Contributor
Hi Simon - where did you put your stop loss on this trade- what type of stop is better for trading the alsi- trailing or fixed and if one is scalping should one use stop losses
0 Kudos
nala
Super Contributor
Simon -if your target of 25760 is not reached today will you carry it overnight?
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
nope .. day trading system means no over ngiht .. so close at 5 if not already out ..
0 Kudos
Not applicable
0 Kudos
nala
Super Contributor
why does not SBK offer AT MARKET prices after 5pm on the ALSI-is it a SAFEX rule?
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
risk due to low liquidity ..
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
it's been in play since 10.20 .. but thus far not closing, just wandering around ..
0 Kudos
Not applicable
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
I'm out .. 38 points ..
0 Kudos
GarethJ
Regular Contributor
Why did you exit before 5 when you probably hadn't yet hit either target while the ALSI wanders around? ALSI still trades until 17h30, or was the boredom killing you and you wanted to go home...
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
I never stay affter 5, don't like the lack of volume .. and exited a little early as I have 7 bottles of johnny black on my desk that was distracting me .. and a date with a blond on tv .. both ame but best I got ..
0 Kudos
GarethJ
Regular Contributor
Aahhhh. I only had water on my desk (and no date..) so hung around until 5.25 (hate the slippage after that). Caught a little more action after 5 and got 85 points.
0 Kudos
ACEP_
Regular Contributor
ame? what does that mean? Johnny Black and Bronwyn, trying to work out the typo hmmmm.....? certainly no "l" missing there!
0 Kudos