Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Alsi Futures 28Oct10

asylum
Super Contributor
Simple wins all the time, people who start out trading think they need all sorts of indicators to trade, well done Simon, i also like trading the 15m charts i find anything smaller gets very noisy.
0 Kudos
ACEP_
Regular Contributor
OK Skaaptjop, let us try this again... Asylum, where is the source of your 15min charts??
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
and current candle which end in 9 minues is looking like it may confirm a short ..
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
an entry failed .. hence why one doesn't pre-empt the trade ..
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
we will launch intra-day charts as part of ET later this year ..
0 Kudos
ACEP_
Regular Contributor
0 Kudos
asylum
Super Contributor
ACEP, i dont trade alsi, i trade forex, i use to trade indexes on global trader but i prefer forex.
0 Kudos
Frogg
Frequent Contributor
Thank's I have entered a short position and see what you mean re costs, but what is with the low volumes I am concerned that a portfolio of say 25 almi contracts could be a serious problem to get out of should I be on the wrong side of a move.
0 Kudos
HateGauteng
Super Contributor
Thats some hectic costs tradin the almi??
0 Kudos
Frogg
Frequent Contributor
HG what makes more sense then
0 Kudos
HateGauteng
Super Contributor
Trade 2 Alsi and 5 Almi maybe.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Ha, looks exactly like my system! Only I don't restrict myself to engulfing candles. I also use evening star doji's and kangaroo tails. The system also works on any timeframe (except that the stoploss range changes), so I also use it on 5 minute charts, but then I also look for volatility - i.e. the candles need to be at least 20pts big.
0 Kudos
asylum
Super Contributor
problem is that the almi is too expensive in my humble opinion.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
very difficult to day trade with ALMI. The costs amount to 25 points. If you are looking to capture 100pts, that is 25% absorbed by costs. Average daily transaction range for the TOPI is 400pts, so if you are good and capture 200 of those, then you are looking at 12,5% in fees. Add slippage and spread costs to the equation, and you will soon realize why you can't make any money
0 Kudos
asylum
Super Contributor
yes way too expensive i traded the almi for a short while but the brokerage fees are way too high, 1 alsi contract= R14.25 and the same on the almi which would be 10 almi contracts = 145.50, that makes the almi 1000% more expensive to trade!
0 Kudos
Not applicable
hey i am a bit stupid with candles.Does 2 15 min red candles that engulves 1 15 min red candle also count as engulving signal?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
no. The point about engulfing is it is an indication of what I term, a strong rejection of a price point. It has to be 1 candle, otherwise it indicates that the market is comfortable with the price point. Engulfing candles indicate a shift in market pricing, and need this needs to be quick, otherwise it is just sideways drifting indicating uncertainty
0 Kudos
Not applicable
0 Kudos
Ninja
Super Contributor
Hence intra day trading forex is the wise cost option. Having said that you can trade the Dow and Ftse for 1 pip in and 1 pip out as well.....if you secure a 100 pip move you looking at 2% cost, no commision etc. The nice thing is that if you use a stop loss on IG your margin requiremnts are almost nil. For EG: Trading Euro/$ $5 per pip with a 10 pip stop loss only requires a margin of $150!! ( A simple 30 pip move allows you to double your money) Hence the reason I use them....your costs are so low and the platform is mighty fine.
0 Kudos
asylum
Super Contributor
have to agree with you ninja, and forex less volatile and spreads fairly tight especially Euro/Usd. the ony concern i was reading about ig is that a guraanteed stop can cost as much as 18pips.
0 Kudos