Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Alsi Futures 30Sept10

HateGauteng
Super Contributor
The HG has been WIPED OUT! Heaps of stress gone as well as heaps of money. Will attempt a comeback once I get more money. In the meantime . . .
0 Kudos
23 REPLIES 23
Not applicable
Hi HG, Sorry to hear that. Over the last few weeks from the "sound" of your posts it appeared your mind was in the wrong place. I'm also taking a break to get my mindset right and develop a real trading plan. Good luck to you and I hope you make a strong comeback!
0 Kudos
nala
Super Contributor
how vmany K was the wipe out HG?
0 Kudos
ACEP_
Regular Contributor
HG, I am really sorry to hear that... I hope you come back and give it a good crack and have huge success sometime in the future. 'it happens but you were great to follow while it lasted. All the best....
0 Kudos
earlyret
Regular Contributor
Ag No man! Well hope you realise where it all went wrong and come back stronger, and wiser. Good Luck
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Hey sorry to hear.Was nice trading with u at times.Before coming back contact me.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Aaag no man. That's bad news. We know how you feel. BUT remember what Simon stated once on this forum - for the first 2 years, all he did was lose money. All I can give you is a tip - www.powerstocks.co.za. They also lose money (it is the world we live and trade in), BUT they make a lot more than what they lose. I don't have the capital to mirror their trades so sometimes I hate them. But the guys put the odds in your favour and every bit of help we can get makes a difference. Good luck!
0 Kudos
Mar-11
Super Contributor
:( u will be back before you know it..
0 Kudos
asylum
Super Contributor
sorry to hear that, go back to the drawing board and come back with a proper and tested trading plan, been there myself lost 300k during the crash.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Risk big loose big ;-) time for them MILFS and Bingo again..... See you back in the new year I know you will be back...that adrenaline is to much for you to ignore...
0 Kudos
kwagga
Super Contributor
150K of pension money wiped out!!! HG, my honest oppinion is that you never had a proper strategy in place to start off with. That's critical. If your strategy was to get lucky, then you will be wiped out, again and again. The last couple of weeks you kept on fishing for tips and hints on this website. To me that meant you were becoming desperate, and a sure sign of no working strategy. I'm sorry for your loss, and a big one that is. You need to take this loss and learn from your mistakes and become a better trader because of it. Sorry to be so critical, but this game takes no prisoners. That 150K of your's is now sitting in someone else's bank account, that outplayed you in a zero sum futures game.
0 Kudos
richardw
Super Contributor
Come, come. The oke doesn't need you dancing on his grave.
0 Kudos
HateGauteng
Super Contributor
Thanks people, it was a good run. I did make a lot of money for a while only to lose it through greed. Being bored and trading for the sake of trading didn't help either. Being aggressive with the alsi futures made me big bucks but also lost me big. I'm waiting for those new daily futures as well. A daily closeout would help with preventing the big loss. Smaller margins and faster closeouts also help prevent the big loss - this would be a plus for an aggro strategy. My capital has dropped to a point where it's no longer feasible trading so I've pulled whatever's left to pay the bills. If SARS hurries up with my payment, I might re-enter sooner than expected. Looking back, it is feasible to make a decent monthly salary trading gaps with just one contract. Just avoid the big losses which took me out. Anyway, feel free to email [email protected]
0 Kudos
HateGauteng
Super Contributor
Not so much how many K. It's all relative to whats left to remaining to feasibly trade.
0 Kudos
HateGauteng
Super Contributor
Drop me a line so I have your details. [email protected]
0 Kudos
HateGauteng
Super Contributor
Also paid the for the 4x4, booze and women from here. So had a good run but began eating into trading capital when I wasn't making money.
0 Kudos
nala
Super Contributor
hope to see you soon - enjoyed your cotributions - especially the one that went on for a few days - now we have to say which day we are talking about. Go well!
0 Kudos
Not applicable
sorry bro. the same has happened to me a couple times over the years... you will be back in a couple months :) Just promise one thing- it's very hard but you must learn from your mistakes.
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
sorry to hear that...
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Hi HG - Sorry to hear that man and good luck. You'll be back sooner than you thought.
0 Kudos