Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Alsi Futures Today

HateGauteng
Super Contributor
Slight pullback this morning. Things closed at a high yesterday.
0 Kudos
nala
Super Contributor
what a good entry point at this stage
0 Kudos
HateGauteng
Super Contributor
I'm trying to find a good exit point! However there seems to have been a gap close on the FTSE so this might be the high for the day.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
exit for long or short.
0 Kudos
HateGauteng
Super Contributor
Exit for a badly messed up short!
0 Kudos
grommet
Regular Contributor
HG from yesterday morning ?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Same here,but think i am going to get out of it.expanding triangle in play dow and alsi.(both in c wave down).alsi target for me 24600 before we go up again in 5 th wave.
0 Kudos
HateGauteng
Super Contributor
Yep - what a mess. Had to put in more margin. Thats what happens when I get too greedy. Took nice profit on Monday but then re-enter a trade the wrong way around! To make matter worse, yesterday (check the posts) I blog what I "think" is going to happen and then I do the opposite. I suspect I reached the self sabotage stage of a traders career. What do i do to get out of it?!?
0 Kudos
HateGauteng
Super Contributor
My objective for the "maybe" forming H&S on the alsi fut 1 min chart is also 24600.
0 Kudos
earlyret
Regular Contributor
GREED!!! trying to get that word out of my vocab.
0 Kudos
HateGauteng
Super Contributor
Yesterday I wrote - "My ttrading is based on going down to yesterdays high or close and then up again. I could be wrong and it'll keep going down, so need to keep a close eye on this one." - Instead of going long which would have made me a nice profit, I keep the short!
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I made a basic mistake.Just before that big move up 1 was long and in the money.At that stage it was 50/50 going up or down.Instead of just moving my stop up and stay long i decided to go short.(stop cut me out and i went short again making a loss.If i stuck to the basic i could have made plenty.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Expanding triangle failed.Maybe head & shoulders?
0 Kudos
asylum
Super Contributor
some of the things ive learned from Chartist, though i dont always adhere to them all the time through sheer stupidity on my part. Dont hold a position overnight, thats why its called day trading, trade with the trend not counter trend, if youre not sure stay out. Now yesterday was a big long trend there was no way one should have gone short, not saying it could not have turned , but if it did turn thats the way of the market and we cant predict the market, in other words trade the price and the price just kept going up, so no short yesterday.
0 Kudos
HateGauteng
Super Contributor
Looks like a smaller H&S is forming.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Who is CHARTIST that you guys talk about?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Simon is the bid & offers we see on the alsi only standard bank orders or all for the alsi.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
the market, it is always the market except for SSF's ..
0 Kudos
Levitt
Regular Contributor
Almi market maker out again.. I follow both Alsi & Almi. Alsi bids and offers continues to update whilst Almi's doesn't.
0 Kudos
koos2
Super Contributor
Any chance of allowing us to trade alsi des-10 yet?
0 Kudos