Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Alsi Futures Today

Not applicable
Haai HG.My loosing short eventually small profit yesterday.Closed at around 24630.What time is the jobs report coming out???
0 Kudos
HateGauteng
Super Contributor
I got my last contract closed out yesterday. Tecnically I've wiped out but there's always credit card hehehehehe! Jobs out at 14:30 our time.
0 Kudos
HateGauteng
Super Contributor
No gap today and I can't figure out direction, I guess I'll be off fishing then.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
very small moves up to jobs report i am in for small long.Maybe yesterday high at most.
0 Kudos
nala
Super Contributor
he should make some interesting points on the forum-i think he has got his own website now called #chartist- but i can't seem to locate it-can somebody help?
0 Kudos
koos2
Super Contributor
Dont trade alsi sept-10, Gonna cost you over 100 pionts ( xR10 )to roll over to alsi dec -10. Wait for the powers that be to provide you with what you want to trade or migrate to a platform that does want to deliver a standard service.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
ah yes ALSI dec let's see hhhhmmmmm .. aha yes a wonderful contract .. currently exactly ZERO on offer ??? expalin to me how you trade this on your superior platform ??
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
an where do you get your 100 point loss from ?? your super duper platform ??
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Kom boet - moenie iets se as jy dit nie kan staaf nie.
0 Kudos
nala
Super Contributor
simon -what happens at close on 16- what are the charges? if any -or does it just roll over
0 Kudos
koos2
Super Contributor
Actually, I have been in correspondence with SBK OST, to improve my knowledge on the subject. ----> "Dear Mr Koos2 A reminder that the Currency futures & Single Stock Futures roll over of SEP10 contracts for Online Share Trading clients starts on Thursday, 9th Sept and Tuesday, 14th September respectively from 12:00. All SEP10 positions marked as Close Out will be closed out and positions marked as Roll Over will be rolled into the DEC10 contracts. Roll Over is set as the default option on portfolios. Making your selection Please ensure that you have reviewed your portfolio (go to My Account > My Portfolio) and make the necessary choice by clicking the option under the On expiry column on your portfolio page. Roll-over Market makers spread and brokerage will ONLY be charged on the first leg of the process i.e. closing the SEP10 contracts. The opening of the DEC10 contracts are thus done at a discount to the prevailing CF & SSF prices at that time for the relevant contract. Close-out positions CF & SSF contracts that are ticked Close-out will be done at the prevailing CF & SSF prices i.e. will include brokerage and market makers spread. In order to save transaction fees we suggest that you now start trading in DEC10 contracts (thus avoiding this upcoming rollover) unless you're closing existing SEP10 positions. Kind Regards Online Share Trading" Now what is the difference in price at roll-over from sept to dec alsi ? 100+ points? And where do I trade aslsi DEC-10 when advised to do so by SBK OST if not @ SKB OST? Please improve my understanding of the info I have on this topic or supply superior info. Thanks.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
the dec conract comment refers to the CF/SSF, as indicated by the sentence
"Close-out positions CF & SSF contracts that are ticked Close-out will be done at the prevailing CF & SSF prices i.e. will include brokerage and market makers spread. In order to save transaction fees we suggest that you now start trading in DEC10 contracts"
as for the roll in the ALSI .. we sell you out of the seps and then enter you into the decs .. so no price arb, but yes a small spread an trade fee on one leg .. but not even close to 100 points ..
0 Kudos
koos2
Super Contributor
My bad! Thank you for correcting and informing me on the subject.
0 Kudos
earlyret
Regular Contributor
OK, so after all that.. anyone trading this ALSI today?
0 Kudos
asylum
Super Contributor
difficult i would personaly wait till after payroll, you dont want to get caught on the wrong side of it.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
only 8k contracts traded today .. so the answer is no ..
0 Kudos
earlyret
Regular Contributor
YIP. Friday afternoons are better spent elsewhere
0 Kudos
TOPIX
Regular Contributor
And Monday is public holiday in USA - that won't help volumes.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Simon please explain to me the actual cost to trade 1 alsi contract.The way i see it is r28.50,or is there other costs that i do not know off.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
R12.50 plus vat = R14.25 for each contract each leg (buy/sell) ..
0 Kudos