Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Alsi Futures Today

HateGauteng
Super Contributor
Price often tends to drift higher on low volume days.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
but what triggers to entry ??? or do you just trade every gap ?? I only consider an entry if the gap is twice the size of my stop, so I need a min of a 100 point gap as stop is 50 points .. then I only enter if the market trades 50 points into the gap (using the first half hour as the gap measure) so actually I need a 150 point gap ..
0 Kudos
HateGauteng
Super Contributor
I aim to trade every gap even those caused by the news during the day. Thanks for the point about the stoploss, never did have rules regarding the stoploss. Even partial gap closes yield some profit, but the exit is difficult.
0 Kudos
grommet
Regular Contributor
mm that answers a q i had earliern thought it should be around 200
0 Kudos
Not applicable
So Simon, if you are working on 150pts, at what point do you exit if it is only a partial gap close? If you are taking a 50pt stop - with a 100pt gap (left over after entry confirmation), what will you do if the gap only closes 50 of the last 100 pts. is your rule to trade 100% closures only, or does gut feel come into play.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
So at this stage u are still waiting.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
I either exit at the gap close, or trailing stop ..
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
an no gut feel .. not ever ..
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Simon i am already short.sold 1 contract at 24970 and another at 25000.My reason for entry is patern on the dow and also on the alsi. I will exit if we break 25000 (25050)clear or if the paterns that i identified fails.My target much more than the gap,dirived from paterns.
0 Kudos
Ameesh
Contributor
My gap trigger, triggered ;) I've also gone short. Current stop at hod.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
no right or wrong .. as long as one has a strategy which includes an exit plan ..
0 Kudos
Ameesh
Contributor
Also, never 'ajust' your exit plan when you are in the trade.
0 Kudos
HateGauteng
Super Contributor
Simon have you entered now?
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
nope, my entry is 50 points the low of the first 30 minutes trading .. so 24860 is my entry ..
0 Kudos
HateGauteng
Super Contributor
lol was considering 24860 as one of my exits if gap doesn't close fully. (Entered at 24960)
0 Kudos
grommet
Regular Contributor
Simon is that from 8H30 or 9H00 ?
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
8.30 .. an HG hence we have a market ..
0 Kudos
Not applicable
0 Kudos
HateGauteng