Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Alsi Futures

Not applicable
i think it has but be carefull for a bigger reversal
0 Kudos
HateGauteng
Super Contributor
Today or next week sometime. I'd really like to go watch the game!
0 Kudos
HateGauteng
Super Contributor
aargh did it have to happen during the opening.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
hey i think this run is over.what do u think.
0 Kudos
HateGauteng
Super Contributor
Do you mean the current uptrend for the last few days?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
look i think so but not 100 % sure.u must decide for yourself.i just went short and leave it open for the weekend.
0 Kudos
HateGauteng
Super Contributor
Same here but I sucked this week. Was on the wrong side of the intraday trend a lot of the time. I should just set my position and ride out the noise. I usually get the medium trend right but got nothing better to do except so and so lose money chasing intradays.
0 Kudos
HateGauteng
Super Contributor
I'll look at going long on Monday afternoon but if dow breaks 10K again I'm not sure if it'll bounce this time.
0 Kudos
HateGauteng
Super Contributor
Huge gap today.
0 Kudos
HateGauteng
Super Contributor
Huge gap today. Wonder if it'll close.
0 Kudos
Fredsed
Super Contributor
Monday is Dragon Boat Day in China. No drag there. Queens birthday too, so ALSI cannot fall until Unc. Sam wakes up with hangover.
0 Kudos
GarethJ
Regular Contributor
Still just tracking the EUR-USD which is up, up, up. Doubt there will be a gap close if that doesn't turn...
0 Kudos
manicks
Regular Contributor
Hi all, thanks for this interesting discussion. Can someone kindly recommend a good book to read to learn how to day/swing trade indices such as our ALSI. Should include setup's, stop losses, money management techniques etc.
0 Kudos
koos2
Super Contributor
So help me here, Are we just trading with each other (SBK clients) re. alsi sept 10 futures? or do we see the whole spectrum of bid/offer 's?, and are our bid/offer's available outside of sbk clients?
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
entire market ..
0 Kudos
Skerp
Contributor
Hi Manicks, Try www.powerstocks.co.za They have heaps of indicators specifically designed to swingtrade Top40. They put their own money on their indicator strategies.Very helpful for new traders.They advise you about money management, position-sizing and probabilities of returns based on current parameters.Even dumb-hick farmers like me have made some money in these volatile times.
0 Kudos
manicks
Regular Contributor
Will do...thanks Skerp!
0 Kudos