Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Alsi The question today is...

john_1
Super Contributor
Can we crack that 17800 nut or do we bounce for a third time...
0 Kudos
10 REPLIES 10
Electrox
Super Contributor
John how do we arrive that 17800 is the key level here? thx
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
its the level of the unclosed gap on the 25th and we bounced off it yesterday twice....oh and GOD deemed it so!
0 Kudos
Not applicable
haha im guessing u refering to chartist?:D im trading the sa top40 on idealcfds, looking at the chart, have we no already broken 17800, or is the bounceing level in actual fact +-17680
0 Kudos
Electrox
Super Contributor
thx John.. But wouldnt we need to reach 17500 ish to close that gap made on the 25th?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I think it means closing the gap at 17800.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I think it means closing the gap at below 17800.
0 Kudos
venice
Super Contributor
Does anyone know whether these levels are related to pivot points in any way??. I can't get them to match. These levels must have significance not just arb places in space.
0 Kudos
scandal
Super Contributor
17838=S1 and 18226=Pivot on my charts. Dow, DAX and FTSE above their pivot points but still in the red for the day. I do not expect much up side but could be surprised since plat is up and gold is sort of stemming days losses. Me thinks sideways from here until DJ opens.
0 Kudos
Electrox
Super Contributor
Sliced through 17800. Now what?
0 Kudos
_nova
Super Contributor
ADP was grim and my prediction is that NFP on Fri is going to top 300k job losses and take the wind right out of the markets sails. I'm looking for the right moment to position another short
0 Kudos