Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Alsi day traders...

Electrox
Super Contributor
Thx to the mobile connection problems yesterday.. Havnt even got one decent pullback to jump on aboard today.. Broke though Pivot Res1 now headed for Res2.. missed my bus stop i see..any1 long overnight here.?
0 Kudos
20 REPLIES 20
saash
Super Contributor
I've got a long on Sat40 - obveously not for day trading. Also missed the bus on the rally for a dt - sold out long in the sqeeze expecting a pull-back. Miz :-( but opportunity for a short is starting to show promise!
0 Kudos
saash
Super Contributor
and the timing sucks - cos now I got a meeting. Hope it just sqeezes and waits for the US open in the PM.
0 Kudos
Electrox
Super Contributor
yea do see some promise to the short side but maybe a bit later like you say.
0 Kudos
Ameesh
Contributor
Was long overnight yesterday, but will see how things pan out today.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Seems to me like the easy money is on the long side today
0 Kudos
Electrox
Super Contributor
Pivot Res2 borken and mildly holding.. Ftse in ambush zone.. good time to take some profits if long till new direction is given..
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Ftse testing 50% fib:-)
0 Kudos
Electrox
Super Contributor
Hi Hennie.. Yea ftse at 50% from the june highs.. you also short on this one??
0 Kudos
Not applicable
No was long 4272 ... but ftse has a intraday gap to close 30 min
0 Kudos
Electrox
Super Contributor
futures or cash chart?
0 Kudos
Electrox
Super Contributor
How does one see the gaps on the ftse,,cause electronic trading takes over after it closes..
0 Kudos
Electrox
Super Contributor
nice chart there.thx.. so the entry was a intrady 30min resistence break right.? Im busy learning how to trade the ftse..how would you manage the exit with that long then now that we at 50%?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
The fib and the ambush shows the same from 30 to 1 min so time frame does not matter. I was expecting the gap to close but as in the chart the ambush zone held, so long was the break out of the ambush and my exit was the longer 50 % resistance on the longer time frame
0 Kudos
Electrox
Super Contributor
I cant understand the intrady Fib you drew there.could you explain? thx
0 Kudos
Not applicable
From bottom of gap till next high ... can also draw retracement gaps low to lows and high to highs I'll show you 2 examples of each .... it the same as buying dips in a up trend
0 Kudos
Electrox
Super Contributor
thats wat i was curious about.how come you used the bottom of the gap instead of the last swing low.. send me the charts.thx
0 Kudos
Not applicable
There is no rule for trading fib low to lows in a down trend ( shorting on pull backs ) and high to highs ( long on pull backs ) Here is the FTSE for the last 2 day in this little uptrend ....http://www.chartupload.com/viewer.php?file=446j4c52b0w4r3u0y8r1.png
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Test it if you like and see how this works time and time again :-) .... will not find it on the web
0 Kudos