Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Alsi- gap close

john_1
Super Contributor
Geez the talking heads are throwing big money at the problem this morning. This might be a lot of fun.
0 Kudos
16 REPLIES 16
john_1
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
Not applicable
John...u see this where we totally differ...you prefer to take a huge gamble on one contract overnight for say 300 pts...ZAR 3000....much easier to trade the gap when u can SEE what is happening and have the odds well in your favour with 5 contracts...X 200 pts = ZAR 10 000
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
See this is were you and I differ.. if I trade 5 contracts into the gap. and 2 overnight, when I lose I make it back with interest when I win I effectivly remove the risk of the trade.. win/win.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
John u really dont get it do you?...u just dont get it....its quite simple why do things the hard way at high risk when there is a much better alternative....and John dont lie here cause you told me what contract size you trade...John trading is about sustainability and having fun....I dont care which way u spin it having an overnight trade is no fun...its stressful very high risk....you cant enjoy your dinner you cant sleep and you have to be at your computer by 8.30...
0 Kudos
Not applicable
whats holding us back? FTSE cash climbing, FTSE mining index climbing, we have hit a ceiling?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
big FTSE resistance at 4500...200 pts enough for me....all in an hours work...
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
Its you that just does not get it. last night was the first time I had taken on nearly 300 points .. Like I said before I found a loop in IG's system there were nights when I was taking on 20 points of risks.. I am always at my desk by 8.30 and I have an infant son, so I never sleep well so I might as well profit from it.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
suppose one cant really sleep next to such an incredibly busy road in any case...
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
If i get the overnight call wrong 31% of the time and have a maximum loss of 300 points...and a 65% chance of making back my loss completey the next day(gap trade) what are my odds of losing money..anyone who knows a thing or two on maths care to help me here.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
John...I think the fact that u are asking for help on this illustrates the point rather exquisitely....if its to hard to work out its too hard to trade....just keep it simple man.....just trade what you can see and you can control and you don't have to do all this complicated maths which in the real world of making consistent profits is a waste of time....speak to any trader and he will tell you about all the theories and complicated schemes he has worked out on paper only to discover that they are a waste of time...I can see we just wont agree on this....why don't you read a good day trading book and see what the pros have to say?...in fact read a few cause they all say the same thing...
0 Kudos
trigger
Frequent Contributor
john/chartist, you guys crack me up - very entertaining. when you sit down for a beer together there must be a lot to talk about given the interaction on this site. keep it going ....
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
I invited chartist, but he refused. He would rather stalk me from a distance, checking out were I live. etc..it suits his wierd fantacy life to keep me unknown to him
0 Kudos
Not applicable
err John...YOU sent me your address and yes I drive past your house but so do thousands and thousands of other people....Its a busy road....err as for weird...yes maybe but I think more weird is asking me for a pic in which I am dressed up in womans clothing!
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
Not if my reason was to laugh at you dressed up in womans clothing..and I only sent my address along with proof of my overnight profits.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
the mind works in strange subliminal ways!
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
well this subliminal mind says I am done for the day and I am hungy..later!
0 Kudos