Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Alsi triangle support trendline

Rams
Super Contributor
its like the chicken and egg story....which came first
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
nah, volume is what matters here .. US futures have no volume at this time, FTSE does ..
0 Kudos
richardw
Super Contributor
Because I think it would be insane for US banks not to have people in the EU who can handle hedging etc for them while they're sleeping. The futures markets are open for the 2/3rds of the time that the main market isn't, and I'm fairly sure that South Africans aren't the only ones to take advantage of that.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Surely the sp500 futures is traded right over the world.For me they are leading all the markets over the world and why must i follow the guy running second(futsi).I am trading paterns and not volume.I see chartist is using the dow?Not saying volume is not important.
0 Kudos
richardw
Super Contributor
Although I don't consider it anything more than a hint at what the US will do when it opens. 1 minute into their trading day all bets are off. However, it's a great gauge of how everybody is feeling 'right now'.
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
but more important is this....can any of these markets predict the open and close of the American market consisitently and reliably
0 Kudos
Fredsed
Super Contributor
Why would users of a live-chart data streaming trading platform (which this is not) choose to interact via this site where their story has generally gone stale before they get a reply? It does not compute eh? Better ways for high-speed interactions than this place. It is nonsense to use this pigeon post when we have instant messaging, skype and such what? Those posts probably coming from the same desk, an ongoing under-cover recruitment fishing exercise eh? Traders wanted, what? not here but there. Where? Don't worry you will be landed later, first take the bait. Check the characters involved and list them as undesirable aliens. Its just a freak show.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
SO Fred, if you and I being one, don't enjoy the slowness of this platform, why is it that we keep coming back to ridicule?
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
0 Kudos
Fredsed
Super Contributor
Thats easy - you are the scam merchant and I am someone that you cannot dupe. Tough titties tripe merchant your cat is out of its bag so you had better open some more accounts to run the scam from - or are you operating from the inside? eh?
0 Kudos
richardw
Super Contributor
Seek not to predict the open or close. Seek only to have an extra data point on how the market is feeling. If ours drops and the US is up, I'm happier to go for the gap close. Don't care about the US open until the US opens.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Simon please explain to me then the sudden dip on the sp500 futures just now =-10 min ago.Was there no volume?.Who was leading that dip?The futsi, us markets or maybe the dollar index?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Boet, You have the same dip on all the other indices as well, so which one is leading the pack? Well, in a low volume market, the spreads are wide, so trades at the extremes of the spread will reflect as big dips, but will not influence the trend. In big volume markets (like the FTSE), spreads will be tighter, so a dip reflects genuine selling pressure.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
OK Fredsed. You were too clever for me. I "OWN" half the identities on this platform. I'm Chartist, Skaaptjop, CPS, Vitorc, RichardW, etc, etc. When I want unsuspecting newbies to invest in my short-term trading packages, I'm CPS, when sales of my longer term package is not faring so well, I'm RichardW and Barry. And now, as an apology to all newbies that were almost led down the garden path, I give up all these identies and will in future only post as Vitorc. I must admit I was impressed with your savvy motivated wit when I encountered you on sites like rense.com, crossroad.to and flatearthers.com. With dread I realised last year that you had joined this platform and that my tomfoolery surely had no more scope here. You bested me. I yield.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Ahh well so I need to give up this identity then, well stated my other personality Victorc... ;-)
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
no idea, I care zip for US futures ..
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
why we up here when the trend, no thread is down there by CPS and Fred
0 Kudos
Not applicable
And that's it....my SHORTS are bought.There's a hard push down to 27500 coming.Where little Shorts will be covered and a cigarette by Dingler's adds that Mexico City feeling inside your lungs.Deep sucks only..###And the hint of course for further downside is PIIGS bond yield-spikes and how about Belarus,devaluing their currency by 54%.Cool.As we search the ancient Gnostic chart >>Yes, there be the Feast of Beltaine.May is the Red Month.A special month to initiate the Firestarters of the Brotherhood.A Birthquake in the 2nd Half 2011...Wooooaaaaaah !...Volatility.Swing Low ! Swing High !
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
You just rescued this post VI, nobody wanted to post down here, they were doing it up there but now gap closed we back down here....days mission accomplished
0 Kudos