Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Alsi

john_1
Super Contributor
How many peoples is very scared... are there any bulls out there this morning....Get ready for a squeeze me thinks.
0 Kudos
45 REPLIES 45
Not applicable
seems lot of early bulls out there.Me thinks bears only get up in the next half hour or so.
0 Kudos
saash
Super Contributor
Afraid, Very afraid!
0 Kudos
_nova
Super Contributor
Definite squeeze on today. Things are going to get woes! The conundrum is the spikes in PT and AU versus what's playing out in US markets and the uncertainty about Eastern Europe and just how deeply leveraged EZ banks are. In my opinion, we may rally like lunatics for now but the bulls are going to eventually end up as Espetada's
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
ya I am talking gap close not a new up leg... the fact that despite all of the ***** going on overseas we have held support is very impresive..
0 Kudos
saash
Super Contributor
So are we closing both gaps?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Closing the gap on the 16th would be delicious
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
Good question... me thinks that it would hardly make sence to rally for a measly 100 points when there is another 300 points up for grabs..
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I mean anyone that thought that with the closing levels set on the Dow last night the FTSE would not attempt to test the corresponding support levels should just give up trading...
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
this is exactly what was freeking me out all of yesterday.. How can we be holding when the dow and the FTSE are tanking..much happier today. at least we are moving with the others.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
just go with the direction....this is not good for the bulls....or even the "investors"
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
does anybody actually have the correlation between the local market and international markets ?? somebody commented yesterday how the dow was back at lows and we was more then 10% off lows ..
0 Kudos
Not applicable
ya that be about right....bit difficult to compare the futures cause the contracts have changed
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
I would compare topi .. fair enough comparison ..
0 Kudos
richardw
Super Contributor
It really doesn't feel like it's correlated. A few shares are close to their 52w lows but many, many are way above. Retailers seem convinced they're on a different planet.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
largely there isn;t any. Just look at the dow during our bull market of 03-08 while the dow went largely nowhere in comparasion ..
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
Thought about your question Simon....its not the magnitude thats corrolated its the timing and rythym of the day that is linked.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
john, good point .. but again is it ?? I don;t know, and the question is do we pre-empt or follow ?? I woudl suspect the former and the sell off on Tuesday night in the US wasn;t followed locally on Wednesday to anything near the same degree ??
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
point I am really trying to raise is that we need to challenge our beliefs. We believe things (often supported by talking heads, chat forums etc.) that are false - and it'll cost us money. So we need to interrograte our beliefs repeatedly ..
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
ya true.But we were on 3 month support.. But we still opened down and failed to close the gap both very strong signals of follow my leader....the thing is I believe that the US actually is trading against the rest of the world markets not leading or following...this is demonstrated most clearly by the arbitrage of the gaps between the futures and cash markets...US futures rise as the the ftse rises...creating the gap..which when closed will have forced a sell off in the European markets..yesterday is a great example...its our anticipatin of this that creates these long protracted squeeze's between 11-3pm.. Ie if we are up and US futures are positive expect a sell off into the close if we are down expect a rally into the close..ofcourse this works until it does not..
0 Kudos