Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Am I mad...????

el_torro
Regular Contributor
I just went short on Sasol....help!!!
0 Kudos
12 REPLIES 12
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
mad - yes. Help, beyond that. Just send me all your money.
0 Kudos
el_torro
Regular Contributor
0 Kudos
Not applicable
not mad...just stupid and uninformed....SOL has hedged itself against the oil price...sure it will have some effect but this connection is at the best of times tenuous....just stick to the charts....dont try and make sense of the news flow cause whatever you get to hear the is so stale that its going to cause a rot in your portfolio....this is the supreme kind of arrogance....to think that you are the only one that has access to the news you just received and that you are the only one that can make a logical deduction as to what the effect of this news is going to be....in any case oil has far from peaked...
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Don't short the bull, dude...
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Jes to add - remember how a night-desk sub at Bloomberg's Johannesburg bureau let the Pastorini thing slip through? Thing is, media is essentially reactionary - it responds to events that have happened. By the time you read it, it really is old news. So like Chartist says, stick to the graphs, dude.
0 Kudos
trigger
Frequent Contributor
does a bear cr@p in the woods?
0 Kudos
el_torro
Regular Contributor
Hhmmm....thank you, Chartist, for your light and polite response; Indeed, it appears that arrogance might well belong to the one who assumes he knows it all, and believes the charts will foretell all!? Lighten up, enjoy your day, and make some money, friend....
0 Kudos
Not applicable
ell torro....pse I dont mean this personally....when I talk like this it is a kind of parody of the discussions I have had with myself/still have with myself....its part of the process of unlearning some of the natural stuff we do which is not good for our trading...its about going against our natural instincts and emotional wiring....I am sure you are a nice guy and would not normally be considered as arrogant....however in your relationship to the market you are extremely arrogant and you know what the market does to arrogant people....
0 Kudos
Ditzy
Frequent Contributor
yep... and it doesn't kiss you first
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Yeah, and when you try CALL in the morning it PUTS you in your place...?
0 Kudos
el_torro
Regular Contributor
Thanks C; point taken; no issues; Will chat again in Sept...
0 Kudos
DST
Super Contributor
You and your tantric training - you want it all now, huh?
0 Kudos