Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Am I right...

eddy66
Super Contributor
when I say that the market is pretty flat today?
0 Kudos
50 REPLIES 50
saash
Super Contributor
Not at all. We are 3% down from yesterday's high.
0 Kudos
eddy66
Super Contributor
I know,I'm just kidding. Someone recently asked the same question after a day like today.Someone commented "no,it's a rock on a string" and i found it pretty humorous.So,this is an very subtle sarcastic remark,doubt that the person who made the comment last week consists of the sufficient amount of brain power to actually get it,Just humouring myself,but thanks for the comment,much appreciated.
0 Kudos
Plonky
Super Contributor
Not if you have CZA shares
0 Kudos
jack12
Super Contributor
Hey Ed you been scuba diving lately, its not the sharks you should watch out for its the market falling! ps how the shorts doing?
0 Kudos
jack12
Super Contributor
on second thoughts, yes. Only if you are lying on your side. lol
0 Kudos
eddy66
Super Contributor
Hey Jack!! I have my shorts on walking through the AGL mine,but it's winter and I'm thinking of putting on some long trousers soon,very nippy in the mornings ;) What do you think? I must admit,I was a bit surprised today that AGL didn't fall further. I also see that it's up currently on the dow which is very concerning seeing that the market is down 2%. my price is currently 204,was pretty close today and was down only 1% at one stage.The problem is my exposure is pretty hefty(1.5m).What do you see in your crystal ball for tommorow and next week?And how are the markets treating you?
0 Kudos
richardw
Super Contributor
1.5m? Eish with a capital F.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Eddy why do you put so much in each trade? Why didn't you learn from Sappi. Just buy gold shares and in 2 months take us all out for a nice dinner:)
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Eddie, I agree with Snap... limit your exposure and rather spread the risk. Take some comfortable shorts but make sure you pack in a few future dated long pants in case the weather turns suddenly. As for dinner that sounds really good to...
0 Kudos
jack12
Super Contributor
Hey Mr E sorry taking so long to get back to you. Crystal ball is good, but not as big as your cahonies(big brass ones) Once Mick Doohan told me he was the best because he had BBB!! To bus at hand, next time you go surfing, pick on that has,a)100% overbought b)a kink down in the 10d MA,c)at least 1/2 out of TOB set at 2deviations d)as far as possible from the support level as possible d)5 to8 days with higher closes. e)Hangman is at gapup. f) dark cloud cover g) bear tails on the candles. miner support at 206 1st 195 2nd 190 3rd 170
0 Kudos
jack12
Super Contributor
btw I am short NPN, OML, FSR, SBK went short 250k at 209 on AGL looking for 195. bottom of channel 190. REMEMBER, high 214 bottom of channel 190 214-190=24 -50% retrace =12 so be weary of the 50% retrace at 202 and not the bottom of the English channel at 190!!
0 Kudos
eddy66
Super Contributor
okay,let me start off with snap...The thing I learnt from sappi is to not make a losing position bigger,don't panic and make an emotional decision(have the guts and patience to wait it out),look at the percentage and not the money,and most important of all,never touch sappi again!!! Why should I buy gold? It seems that whenever money gets taken out of equities they go into gold so the price of gold goes up and the gold shares go up aswell(which isn't always the case cause so many other factors can influence their prices).If this is the case then share prices go down and I might as well short a very liquid stock like AGL.I just need to get my timing right,cause then I would've made some money buy now.As for putting all of my eggs in one basket,I know it goes against all logic and it's just plain stupid,so I'm not gonna bae able to justify my decision.As for the size of the exposure...the only way I can explain it is greed,excitement,stupidity,gambling,luck and gut feel.Some day I'll take you for a nice dinner in my jet ;)
0 Kudos
eddy66
Super Contributor
hey Jack! I can tell you,I'm still wating for the day my BBB brings me some reward cause they are getting smaller!! Thank you so much for the info and will keep a close eye on proceedings today :)
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Jack, I got into OML shorts as well but there has been major support at 880 to 9. It did dip a little to about 820 earlier but do you see any futher downside than this or is 820 odd the support below 880? As for SAP anyone going long here? I feel my bones are itching to catch a little wave on the upside. and lets see if HAR are going to let up keep our longs on. The mornings are still a little chilly and the week-end looks like a cold front will blow into town.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
So you down 3.5% on the AGL so far ? Whats your leverage on the underlying share for your short (gearing if I may?)
0 Kudos
Not applicable
0 Kudos
eddy66
Super Contributor
Hennie,if I have a R100 and use R90 to buy futures,what's my leverage?
0 Kudos
jack12
Super Contributor
whats the value of the futures, ie the gearing?
0 Kudos
eddy66
Super Contributor
260k Why is that of any importance if I may?
0 Kudos