Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Am I right...

Not applicable
I'm not familiar with options, but with futures I might help. You into AGL? 1.5m? Thats about 75 contracts?
0 Kudos
eddy66
Super Contributor
yes vital,70 contracts.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Then your gearing is 1:10. As it usually is(100 shares per contract). The rest of your money is held for margin, and that differs from share to share. I think it depends on the volatility of the share, etc. Is that what you wanted to know?
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
Eddie, anglo's has begun a very nice little up trend breaking numerous restance levels as it has gone, more worring for you is the fact that it has this week begun to outperform Biliton for the first time since 2006 so what you are going to find is that people are swithching form bil into anglo.. your only saving grace right now is we are in a bear market..and the US futures are positive which means there is a great big chance we are going to drop in the afternoon. I hope you are realizing that if your are going to gamble with your money. That you at least leave some at home for bread and milk.
0 Kudos
jack12
Super Contributor
banks are cumin down,ALSH 22392 same as wed open, seems a bit of resistance, (if we dont break through) still think we must go back to test 22000 support.
0 Kudos
swordfish
Frequent Contributor
so eddie you are a rocky and you trade big exposure hmmmm....... a quote from jesse lauriston lilivermore ' a man that does not make mistakes will own the world in a month but the man how does not learn from his mistakes will not own a pleased thing '
0 Kudos
jack12
Super Contributor
According to Einstein, time is the fourth physical dimension. But this fourth dimension can only be observed on earth by careful observation during special circumstances.
0 Kudos
eddy66
Super Contributor
Hey sword! I am no rocky,and my exposure is a relative quantity.For you it might look big for Warren Buffet it might look small.And you are absolutely right,at this trend I will be left with nothing.I do learn with every decision i make,so don't worry about me.I'll be fine ;)
0 Kudos
saash
Super Contributor
Hi JOHN, we never see you anymore. Fighting with Charty somewhere else?
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
Saash hozit baby, Ya I am here now and again but I have been busy with a project that has kept me from trading. How are you doing..is it getting messy or are you guys working it out gently...do you have kids?
0 Kudos
saash
Super Contributor
:) 2 kids john, Messy indeed!
0 Kudos