Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Am i th eonly one selling???

barry_1
Super Contributor
The non performing shares that have suddenly given a spurt and made good profits and all the TOPSBO warrants of Naomi and myself and still trying to sell my SOL warrant.Can always get in again on Monday as the market will have time to digest Bush and Benake's efforts.Today is i think in holiday mood in America ,so volumes still fairly light.
0 Kudos
19 REPLIES 19
john_1
Super Contributor
As always Barry you are spot on the money. Somthing just took the US futures down in a hurry.
0 Kudos
Brazen
Super Contributor
I'm glad to hear that barry cos I was having serious doubts about my decision to sell off into this strength. All I have left are IMPSTAs cos that divi is quite appealing. I just hope we don't see a massive rally up to 28 on the TOPI and I'm out! Bottom line, I'm in a lot of cash now and waiting for some clear direction.
0 Kudos
barry_1
Super Contributor
Thanks John,Brazen,good to have company!...I also still hold IMPSTA for the same reason.I also think SOL will surprise as no windfall tax will be taken,but prefer to give it a few days before re-entering.
0 Kudos
barry_1
Super Contributor
On the American front ,we must now see how much damage has been done to the banks bottom lines,they all of course claim its already discounted in their prices,how ever they still have to reveal their balance sheets.Reporting season of banks coming up soon.Confindence was high after both Bush and Benanke soothed the market with promises of action,but reading between the lines enthusiasim is starting to wane again.We must also not forget September around the world is FUTURES CLOSE OUT TIME,nearer the end of Sept.
0 Kudos
org
Super Contributor
Bush and Bernanke works for the bankers, they will take the markets down step by step, just like they took them up.They might be in gold themselves for the longer term.www.rense.com.They are reptilians , not humans.They collapse their own empires on purpose,including financial ones.
0 Kudos
Brazen
Super Contributor
Yes org! That is why I sold. Bush and Bernanke collapse their own empires on purpose. I don't know if you ever watch nature programmes on Discovery, but that is typical lizard behaviour - they will sacrifice their own tails at the drop of a hat. Proof? I think so.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
In the same boat, sold off most of my portfolio on thursday and friday (and missed a bit of up side) but hey, over the last month Im way in the green and its all in cash... shweet. only sitting with GDF, ILA, PSV since they are all in talks and should remain pretty stable. and one or 2 long term holds.
0 Kudos
Samir
Super Contributor
tribalzone, why would you hold ILA since the upside is capped at the offer price from Absa?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
with regard to ILA, the offer is R24 + 50c divi which if accepted means over and above the gains Ive already made theres still 14% upside to look forward to and since its a fairly strong offer there shouldnt be any risk of downside in the event of more market volitility. In any event if the offer doesnt go through Im happy to hold this share for the long term and if it does and takes up to 6 months that equates to nearly 30%p.a. return on a fairly low risk investment.since pretty much everything I had is now in cash, 14% in 6 onth on ILA beats the 7% interest in 12 months I get for the cash?
0 Kudos
Brazen
Super Contributor
mmm - hope I did the right thing. Looking distincly bullish and me with only one long. If this keeps us gonna have to look for entries. Still, I would like a couple of closes above 13400 on the DOW before completely convinced.
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
Yup! I am bullish... enough of this Bearish *****e. Have a look at jubilee, Shoprite, Investc, Tongaart, Nampak tell me what you think also like Lib int SOL and Kumba.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Dont strees too much about any missed gains B, go with your gut and remember there'll be way more buying ops in the future.
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
True that TZ.. I have been watching what you are up to for a while know.. Nice trading mate..
0 Kudos
barry_1
Super Contributor
yes gone into AMSSBI maybe intra-day or two...i'll only feel comfortable when DOW opens Teusday 3.30pm our time.Think their market will climb,their truer direction might only be revealed on Wednesday,so for now only call warrants,will consider installments on SOL on Wed as they are coming up for their declaration on the 10th.
0 Kudos
Brazen
Super Contributor
Yup, TZ is seasoned pro now. Jubilee would be very tempting, plats looking good overall and it's taken a massive tank. I'd take a flutter if I didn't already own them! And INL certainly looks to have MAYBE bottomed, it hasn't gone much lower over the last month with all this massive turbulance. Looked like JDG did when I bought them at around 60 - sure wish I hadn't sold at 66.
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
You know rule Number 1 Rule number 2..never dish a profit regardless of how small. it only takes 7 trades of 10% TO DOUBLE YOUR MONEY.
0 Kudos
Brazen
Super Contributor
Interesting comments from all. Still, dunno why and I feel a bit like org, but I don't trust it, and I still think there may be better entries down the line.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I keep thinking this feels a wee bit like a year ago when we had a pull back and just when you thought it was safe to jump back in the big boys pulled the carpet out from under our feet out of the blue.
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
Sure, There is no doubt about the fact that this issue in the money markets is not over. What I am noticing is the buying in food retailers and div paying property stocks ( ie, buying but into defensive positions)
0 Kudos