Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Amibroker or Amibroker Pro?

TraderSteve
Frequent Contributor
Hi forumites, is the straight Amibroker good enough to trade with? Is the Amibroker Pro really going to make more of a difference? Any comments from users of the products would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.
0 Kudos
11 REPLIES 11
Taurus
Super Contributor
It is not the programe my friend but the person using it!!
0 Kudos
Not applicable
0 Kudos
Tango
Super Contributor
Standard Amibroker is fine. It should be a long time before you're trying to do things Amibroker can't do. Best of the bunch for the price in my opinion.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I find Amibroker top heavy as it is - too many gizmo's. Should be simpler, but still, agree with the above. It's a good package and should be plenty for your needs.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Amibroker is good, just one thing bothers me .Its like buying the car but not the fuel.You have to buy the AFL wizard to get the fuel for this thing.
0 Kudos
Tango
Super Contributor
Or learn AFL. Or just go to the AFL exchange and download what you need. The Wizard is over-rated... I took a look at it, and it looked like it could only do the most rudimentary system construction. You're better off writing down your rules and reading your charts yourself.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Tango: can u mail me a nice formula u use [email protected],thanx Bru
0 Kudos
cfm
Super Contributor
I've never found a forumula that was not already available in the AFL library. And fairly easy to learn how to adapth the system if you really want to.
0 Kudos
TraderSteve
Frequent Contributor
Excuse my ignorance. But what is AFL and what do you need it for?
0 Kudos
cfm
Super Contributor
AFL is the Amibroker formula language. With it one can design graphs, control how the information is displayed, calculate buy and sell signals and a whole lot more. It is not required since the drag and drop option allows non-programmer types to still set up the charts. If you want to write you own custom indicator, then AFL will do it for you.
0 Kudos
TraderSteve
Frequent Contributor
0 Kudos