Community

Share knowledge. Find answers. Ask questions.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Amount in Rands to be paid for SAB shares

Super Contributor
I know that the set price per SAB is 45 Pounds, however, when will the R/pound rate per share be calculated. What amount in Rands will be paid per SAB share?
0 Kudos
15 REPLIES 15
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
Lionbull
New Contributor
The price when the notice was sent out was R821.93 a share with adjusements to be made on the 13th of October. If the 1M GBPZAR forward rate is used the rate is around R17.59-ish but hopefully it will be around R18. I did a rough average calc at R17.94 a pound so R807.30 a share is what I am estimating but I am hoping for higher
0 Kudos
Lionbull
New Contributor
The price when the notice was sent out was R821.93 a share with adjusements to be made on the 13th of October. If the 1M GBPZAR forward rate is used the rate is around R17.59-ish but hopefully it will be around R18. I did a rough average calc at R17.94 a pound so R807.30 a share is what I am estimating but I am hoping for higher
0 Kudos
Lionbull
New Contributor
0 Kudos
Super Contributor
Is it just me or is there an echo in here?
0 Kudos
Super Contributor
Looks like we heading for a worse case scenario here. SABMILLER cash payment could be R778/ per share?!?!?! http://www.bdlive.co.za/business/retail/2016/10/10/pound-crash-hits-sabmiller-investors
0 Kudos
Super Contributor
Monday, however, is the day the £74bn transaction will be completed, which means it is Monday’s exchange rate that will determine the rand value paid to South African shareholders. ie. yesterday's rate, so no effect, as I read it.
0 Kudos
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
Super Contributor
Pound / Rand all over the place. I want to see what will InBev set the rates of the cash pay out for SA shares holders tomorrow morning!!!
0 Kudos
Super Contributor
Pound / Rand all over the place. I want to see what will InBev set the rates of the cash pay out for SA shares holders tomorrow morning!!!
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super Contributor
0 Kudos