Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

And the new president of the ANC is.......

john_1
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
12 REPLIES 12
divz
Super Contributor
Results will be out tomorrow(Tues)...manual count they do not trust the computer.
0 Kudos
chas
Regular Contributor
Things not looking good from a media perspective from here in Auckland!
0 Kudos
dimitrius
Regular Contributor
If Zuma takes it, first thing that will be challenged is media freedom. Be very afraid.
0 Kudos
Stock11
Contributor
Maybe there is a need to challenge the media for turning opinion into fact. Now I am no Zuma supporter nor ANC for that matter but I was appalled by the FM's "Be Afraid" cover. I thought it was below the belt. The article wasn't as bad but the cover made it a low for FM.
0 Kudos
topgun
Super Contributor
well, the conference is held under a big top...and we are getting a pres. that promotes personal hygiene...that might be HIV+???
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
SKALA
Super Contributor
To me this is a clear Zulu vs Xhosa battle. I think if Zuma does not win, there will be trouble from his supporters. The intollerance on display between the two main groups shows to me the real attitude of the masses. Unity and so called Ubuntu?? does not work in Africa. Brute power rules.
0 Kudos
_nova
Super Contributor
The thing about being a 'voter' and casting your vote for a moral reprobate and then actually believeing that he has your best interests at heart? ... well the 'voters' will get exactly what they vote for. The learned man is an arch capitalist first and foremost. Skala's right, the underlying culture clash is so obvious its a joke
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I see an ANC split on the way - good for the future with a strong opposition.
0 Kudos
DEP
Super Contributor
I agree, this can lead to an ANC split, which will be good for SA politics as we will have serious opposition.
0 Kudos
Jemaiks
Frequent Contributor
Guys, I had a dream of Madiba and Zuma, and Madiba was really not even smilling in the dream. In fact I had the dream this morning and it is the first time I ever dream of both of them and now I am reading all these posts about the happenings of today. I wish there can be a younger Madiba who can take over.
0 Kudos
juliette
Occasional Contributor
fact is even were the ANC to split, SA will still be without spare electrical capacity for the next few years, crime will still be rife, SA will still suffer from porous borders and most "civil" servants will still be open for a bribe. As for a younger madiba, when did the rot start?
0 Kudos