Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Anglo and the Bit Players

INTTHEMONEY
Contributor
notwithstanding that Anglo may have lost there Nickkel mine in Ven. once the serious players are back at work will we see Anglo who still owns 75% of Anglo Gold bounce back up, as I am tired of the rund down by Anglo or is this the buying opp on the call warrants which are currently very very cheap and who expire only in June 2008 your comments please ps only serious ones thanks
0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
Not applicable
the thing is i think that the serious players are back next week and anglo looking solid on paper so they will be going long til feb results - also the noise is changing wall street is abuZz with takeover news so lets see
0 Kudos
barry_1
Super Contributor
Today there are more bids on most of the blue chips,than offers to sell,of course at much lower prices, obviously in the hope of picking up that odd bargain!I can;t fortell the future,but in most past years,one of the best POSITIVE trading periods every year has been between 21 Jan and the 14 March,before the next set of future close outs starts affecting the markets again.
0 Kudos
el_torro
Regular Contributor
0 Kudos
scandal
Super Contributor
no matter who is coming to the party next week, technically the top40 needs to bounce off 25200 support and then trade above 25750 before we can sigh in relief. That said if one chooses the right shares during this testing period there is money to be made. I think it will be the div paying shares, a few small caps come to mind and mostly the blue chips. WHL is my punt, also under cautionary at the moment with substantial volumes recently (even though January is considered low volume period) OMO
0 Kudos
Not applicable
1000 point spread between buyers and sellers !!!!
0 Kudos