Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Anglo letting more people go.

Not applicable
something like 25% at headoffice. how will this effect the price and with the report coming out.
0 Kudos
11 REPLIES 11
Not applicable
Even more reason that this 5 month bull run will consolidate, if Anglo is hurting because their customers is hurting, and it runs through the whole foodchain... PS sorry I've got my bearglasses on today
0 Kudos
hs
Regular Contributor
Where is the source of this info ie which article
0 Kudos
Not applicable
no artical. radio news. dont know how safe that is. they dont wanna comment now prob cause scared it will have an effect on the report.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
0 Kudos
eddy66
Super Contributor
I think anglo will hit 300 soon cause i'm short!
0 Kudos
Mr_S
Super Contributor
wow, from what i have been hearing about Carrol, she is really in for it...am i wrong, but has the bad news only started coming out since she took over? i mean i havent heard so much drama over anglo before...recession aside, looks like she did i few no no's...which makes me concerned abt its long term prospects
0 Kudos
sasa
Regular Contributor
Roll on Xstrata - lets see what tomorrow's half year report brings. DeBeers down, AngloPlat down...
0 Kudos
pirates
Contributor
the earnings factored in the share price ..wake up boys the market has known for months earnings will be down 80 percent
0 Kudos
Frogg
Frequent Contributor
eddy66 it seems we are in the same boat how about next time you go long you let me know so that I can go short or visa versa.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Eddie, nice to see you still giving away your money ;-) Seriously depends on when you entered the short cause your position is about to close toward a buy, but that does depend on what else comes out. Guys you must remember share price has factored the bad outcome in already and the big boys are just waiting for the news to be made public (report and SABC etc) so we the sapplings sell for fear and they buy at great prices only to reap rewards again. Market/share price is 6 to 9 months ahead of the news so if it reacts to the upside on bad news the share is still going to grow some more.
0 Kudos