Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Anglo

asylum
Super Contributor
yep 38 big ones that the value of mittal , so 1 mittal written off.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
When is next agl support?
0 Kudos
DEP
Super Contributor
Agl was trading above R500 in June'08. Eish, these are massing losses for SA No1 Company.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Was this massive drop in share price fundamentally warranted?
0 Kudos
WR
Regular Contributor
hope i had some divine intervention. I had buys set at 170 last two days and did not get in. was going to place abuy again this am, but was busy, when I logged in again it was waaayyyydown. Anyway, next support is at R143, so I bought in today in any event - long, and many shares. It should bounce back next week some time as bargin hunters get in.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
an here is an interestign thort .. some talking heads on bubble vision were, in Oct.Nov last year, saying "be careful of the resource stocks, wait for the trading updates in Feb" ..
0 Kudos
platsak
Super Contributor
Simon. Get the techies to do us a chart on anglo please.
0 Kudos
platsak
Super Contributor
Next Supports looks like its on R140 then around R110. Whats the opinions of the forum?
0 Kudos
dookie
Regular Contributor
This isn't a stab at Paul Hansen, but the slide which he showed at the SBK market outlook presentation early last year needs to be framed. I'm keeping it as a reminder that even if your crystal ball is Waterford, you should take a good look at what the charts say. The title was commodities and there was only one word on the slide: Stunning.
0 Kudos
Brazen
Super Contributor
. . . and 144 in sight. . .
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
Mind blowing huh!
0 Kudos
Brazen
Super Contributor
Ya, honestly this is a support level I never thought we'd see. And how many ppl have been hurt by AGL. I mean, who isn't invested in it - pension funds, the lot.
0 Kudos
Brazen
Super Contributor
That aside, I'd be tempted to go long at 144 for a bounce back to 170.
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
Ya exactly....an the single reason for staying with it is the dividend that is now gone...so why hold..and even if 10% think like that we are going lower.
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
why not wait for the bounce to 170 then short the ***** out of it..much lower risk...Bear market and all.
0 Kudos
Brazen
Super Contributor
True and correct!
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
Murray recons if we closed on the Dow below support as we did last night..we are *****ed.He recons the only support left is the long term trend started in 1934 which provides support at 4000 on the Dow.. So hold on to those food coupons as we all my be needing them shortly.
0 Kudos
Theater_Cat
Super Contributor
Even the pros get it wrong - i remember an interview on fine business radio where Dr roffey called R310 on AGL an absolute bottom and how it had capitulated on high volume and would be going up from there.
0 Kudos
Brazen
Super Contributor
Be a baby-doll and on-pass that to moi. Only get the weekly.
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
Roffey be a quack not an expert.
0 Kudos