Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Anglogold vs Facebook

Dutch
Frequent Contributor
Based on forward PE to 31st Dec 2013 ANG 7.8 and Facebook 41.3. Which would you rather have in your portfolio?
0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
barry_1
Super Contributor
i don't hold gold,but if forced would choose ANG....after all i can really see nothing commercial 'bout facebook....they are now scrambling to find value ,something they should have thought of before listing!
0 Kudos
3JN2
Frequent Contributor
I think the general public were suckered into buying Facebook shares by a herd mentality of "FOMO - fear of missing out" FOMO is why they keep logging on to Facebook in the first place.
0 Kudos
kwagga
Super Contributor
No comparison here. The Facebook IPO was fraud on a massive scale. I really feel for young people suckered into buying this and has now lost almost half of there money with plenty more losses to come.
0 Kudos
Dutch
Frequent Contributor
Agree. With the price having come down from $38 to $23 in less than two months and still falling looks like the performance announced yesterday did not match the prelisting hype and expectation. Serious losses made by many here. Whereas at 7.8 PE ANG seems a good buy in these uncertain times. Wonder if the inflationary effect of the USA drought has been factored in yet.
0 Kudos
Harathke
Regular Contributor
0 Kudos
barry_1
Super Contributor
Oh yes,the oil is an extra when hard resources fail in price.Also base metals will always be in demand
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
but why compare ANG with Facebook....whats the link?
0 Kudos