Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Anglos

Big_Bucks
Super Contributor
Considering a serious play on Anglos...Can any astute forumite offer any advice as to the way their results (tomorrow) will take the share price?
0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
john_1
Super Contributor
if they pay div up.. if the dont little change as its parts have all declared and thefore mosy info is already known.. if you want a punt using an installment might not be a bad thing
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
and I am far from being astute!
0 Kudos
Ninja
Super Contributor
Hey, not sure about the results, however a technical perspective points to downside. Resistance at R307 (If it gets there) however a move down to to the mid 250 mark and then potentially to the 240 mark. I wouldn't be taking any huge long positions on this one, the downside retrace is not yet over.
0 Kudos
pirates
Contributor
big bucks go with your gut feel as asking for advice on hear will only confuse you
0 Kudos
Wino
Super Contributor
I am in agreement with Ninja. The retrace is not complete yet. Expect downside to about 260. Noise about tomorrow keeping it at c295 mark. If they pay divvie, maybe it will go to 300. Wait for the set up Mon/Tues next week for confirmation. Alternatively, as a hold medium to long term, I think this share has good credentials.
0 Kudos
Big_Bucks
Super Contributor
Thanks guys...was just looking for a bit of confirmation, I am a warrant intraday trader and took a early stab at a call warrant wiyh the expectation of a bit of hype around reporting time and divvie. Plan to cash out on the up side in the am
0 Kudos
THRESHOLD
Super Contributor
Precious metal exposure is driving this stock. (all metals for that matter.) Today we are advised that America still has rising unemployment. So she can't really do much to tighten monetary policy in the short-term. AND here's the kicker - now she has an upside inflation surprise. What to do, what to do? Just accept your medicine and inflate your way out of the mess!?!
0 Kudos