Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Annual reports - Please Help

Bangbielie
Contributor
I have just returned from The Post Office after standing in a queue for 30 minutes for a kilogram of another annual report which I am not gonna read. Isn't there a way to tell these people to please stop sending the things and rather send me the R300 that it costs to produce.
0 Kudos
8 REPLIES 8
Blik
Super Contributor
Or maybe send an electronic copy
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
If i am not mistaken,the annual report is produced for all thoses shareholders whose names appears on the company share register as at a given date. One way of not recieving this is to sell your shares before cut off date.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
you can request via your broker not to receive ..
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Let the SBOT call centre know that you no longer require them...
0 Kudos
jaj
Frequent Contributor
Harmony as well as Goldfields send me a letter recently to request if I would prefer to receive all comunications, including the annual report, on the website. It will save costs as well as reduce the negative impact on the environment. Off course that makes absolutely sense and would save a small fortune for the companies that we invest in. I'm actually suprised that only those 2 companies (within my portfolio) took the initiative.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
gold miners, they need to save every penny they can ..
0 Kudos
Russ
Super Contributor
hehe,that accounts for the surge in their share price the last few days.
0 Kudos
Bangbielie
Contributor
Sold Metorex on 18/4/2011. Received report today. The bigger the company, the fatter the report. When you hold the Bluechips in a long term portfolio, your theory just not feasible.
0 Kudos