Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Another Day, Another Gap..

Not applicable
You guys are awesome, what would you belloking for at "10 am" what would trigger your entry?????
0 Kudos
Not applicable
John, how are your traps doing? its 10:30 what are you guys thinking?
0 Kudos
JohnnyCash
Super Contributor
whichever way it is going, the next hour or so are going to produce 200+ points with the bollinger's getting squeezed real tight. Looking at things. that gap may just be the magnet for the Bollinger's to breakout....
0 Kudos
JohnnyCash
Super Contributor
Spoke just in time. Watch the head fake though, can just be a kiss before continuing upward. FTSE, almost at gap opening....
0 Kudos
JohnnyCash
Super Contributor
Right head-fake it seems. ftse also turned away from gap, for now. Seems its gonna be a looong day today till US of IOU's CPI numbers
0 Kudos
JohnnyCash
Super Contributor
eina, pre-empt and your dead. lol.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Hows those traps doin John?...the market is the most effective mechanism to transfer wealth from the impatient to the patient...
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
Thats why they are still not triggered but thanks for reminding me to be patient.
0 Kudos
JohnnyCash
Super Contributor
Chartist, u still using fibs? When is a Fib-pattern complete? Yesterday's high to low fib has been broken upward so is that Fib-pattern now null and void in future? Its almost as bad as Elliot-wave as there are so many Fib's within a Fib. in that case which one (on the saem time frame) will have stronger support/resistence levels?
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
looks like I won't have to wait to much longer..
0 Kudos
Not applicable
You guys are beeing patien, but what exactly are you waiting for so you cant enter the trade?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
John I dont know what u are looking at ..maybe all those traps obscuring your vision....we are a long way off from a signal....
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
I agree. So much so me thinks I am going for a coffee..
0 Kudos
Not applicable
thanks, now i know what to look for, might aswell go for coffee aswell since yu guys are not being very helpfull today. lol
0 Kudos
trigger
Frequent Contributor
that deer turn around and run, so close to the trap hey John? how can it be so close and then so far and the index has hardly moved. bizarro.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
We look for a move below the open..which unlike John asserts is not close....its about 200 pts away...so to be safe 18750...not 9 o clock or soon or even 10 oclock 18750...just mind the "traps"
0 Kudos
JohnnyCash
Super Contributor
Waiting for alsi to trade above 18970 or below 18750. In between those, just playing the opposite way.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Great, thank you. So pretty much if it trades anything below the opening point, you would short it....
0 Kudos
Not applicable
yes no need for traps or second guessing or going at it like a madman just after we open...the market virtually tells you what it is going to do when it closes the gap...
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
of course one could just be long, me system put me in at 11.15am .
0 Kudos