Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Another Lazy Rewarding Week Ahead?

Rams
Super Contributor
back to where we started...a pancake day
0 Kudos
orange68
Super Contributor
From the technicals it says we headed for a volatile with bearish bias week so i guess its another week of "managing risk" and grabbing the easy money when it pops up.
0 Kudos
ndabs
Frequent Contributor
down or up.....anything will be better than yesterday lol
0 Kudos
Not applicable
agreed, sideway days always frustrate me, its just stopped out long, stopped out short, stopped out long....those days it feels like the market teaches you NOT to use a stop loss.
0 Kudos
ndabs
Frequent Contributor
i only have to take 2 losses in a row to see we're going sideways...then stop and look for a chart pattern....
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I think then you had a better day than me. But I did enter only on chart patterns, there was a flat-top triangle that failed, a H&S that failed...luckily I still went short yesterday on the daily charts, looked like a bear flag to me and seems to have panned out today.

Thats the key to trading...surviving the bad days so you live to see the good days!
0 Kudos
ndabs
Frequent Contributor
actually i went for the flat top too LOL..... My system triggered after 17:00 for a short as we broke the channel and I could not get in. So i entered at 08:45 this morning
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
got a tweet from Simon this morne..a book about losing million dollars...the lesson learnt is that its not about making money, but its all about not losing money.Its also my view as i posted yesterday: Making money is easy, but not losing your winnings and more is the hardest part especially with intraday trading.
0 Kudos
orange68
Super Contributor
so... i wasnt the only one wondering how much "managing" we need to do but when it rains it pours thank you 600 odd points and dropping
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
well, if you were not in , you are not in....
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
still waiting to get back in...a retrace to about 35600?
0 Kudos
orange68
Super Contributor
i was in have pocketed just over 1000 pts got kicked out due to a slight error in my stop loss just sitting back now and watching
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
yeah, if this gap on DOW closes, then ALSI will be up as fast as it came down...
0 Kudos
orange68
Super Contributor
would that not be a good sign some green at least haha. tell me rams where can you view the live 15 min chart for the dow?
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
google forexpros and you will find your way to it...there is a few seconds lag in prices but why do you want to complicate your life
0 Kudos
orange68
Super Contributor
cool thanks. nothing to do with my trading was just curious because i have the alsi 15 min fount a site for asia both 15 min and want to see the dow 15 min im quite bored messing around with other stuff now. eyeballing and stuff.
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
now reason i say dont complicate your life: US going up and we still going down...so still short (irrespective what US does)
0 Kudos
orange68
Super Contributor
yeah i saw that yahoo finance has an interactive live chart with technicals that can be customized if you interested. i got kicked out about 15 min ago so im out 4 today. plus my sab made me some nice money. pity about my indi but thats weekly. i think our long may well be tomorrow early?
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
well long or short, i hope its lazy...i still have one contract to take me to the close..
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
well, to the finish...exit at 35300
0 Kudos