Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Another Stratergy.....(1)

barry_1
Super Contributor
...that i've decided to use,whilst the markets are so flat with and recources are tanking is MOMENTUM TRADING.i.e. buying and trading shares that are above the EXPOTENTIAL MOVING AVERAGE.Does not matter how long or high they are going to climb as long as the 28 day is above the 60 day i'll hold.....Retailers seems to be discounting the fact that there will be no increase in the repo come Thursdy 14 at this stage.....At the Start of such a movement is MPC,bought this week ,its doing very well,The OBV shows there are more buyers than sellers at this stage....Go to Standard Bank charts to see this( i am only describing all these methods fo the dozens of newbies that seem to be using this site of late)....Two other retailers that are on the starting blocks seem to be MSM and FOS.REALLY ONLY MY OPINION.....ps I bought MPC om Tuesday....UP 10% SO FAR.
0 Kudos
8 REPLIES 8
barry_1
Super Contributor
Test MRF against MA and u will see that the greenline is below the red line and widening ,obviously a sell,at this stage as no reversal is likely soon.Remember the interim results are past and no dividend is likely to be payed tillbthe final in six months time.
0 Kudos
barry_1
Super Contributor
(1) i might add i actually traded the Turbo i.e.MPCSTB and its up 12% this week.
0 Kudos
cfm
Super Contributor
I've looked at this strategy previously and came to the conclusion that one generally need a faster exit signal to prevent giving back the gains when the market reverses.
0 Kudos
barry_1
Super Contributor
Well u will see that before the the green crosses the red again on the DOWN ,the share crosses both lines and importantly stays below both.That should then be the signal to sell out.
0 Kudos
Surf_Rat
Super Contributor
Volumes are thin on this one it could drop like a stone so look sharp golden cross and devils cross can catch you out watch the volumes
0 Kudos
barry_1
Super Contributor
Tip;Always follow the charts on the actual shares to get a better feel of whats happening,not the installment charts.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Barry, dude, right on as usual. Trouble is finding an entry level - the cheap Chinese clothes people a'redy up over four per cent. Reckon you on the money, as usual.
0 Kudos
Surf_Rat
Super Contributor
Hey Barry the retailers are rallying on the up because the bulls like me are calling no interest rate hike all are up if we have an increase I am down R 22000 if there is no increase I will be up R 12000 I am long on the one retailer and short on the other this is like (Russian roulette (Russian: Dóññêàÿ dóëåòêà) is a potentially lethal game of chance in which participants place a cartridge in a revolver, spin the cylinder, place the muzzle against themselves and pull the trigger. 'Russian' refers to the supposed country of origin of the game and roulette to the element of risk taking and the spinning of the revolver's cylinder being reminiscent of the spinning of the roulette wheel. ) This is far to nerve aching for me and I swear I will never do it again here there are only 2 holes in the gun and one round with Tito spinning the wheel surfers are not supposed to stress china ( Good luck mate )
0 Kudos