Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Another acumulator

partridge
Super Contributor
I love the fact that holdings are understated :not via a re-engineered set of accounts each year. This is so private equity with the cushion of a spread - another one to accumulate - interesting small scale parallels with REI? ( Wake me up in 5 years.)
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
warhippo
Super Contributor
I am holding REI so maybe prejudiced. You may have a point I just don't like the composition of their holdings.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
you buying the pref here, not the actual company
0 Kudos
partridge
Super Contributor
I like the holdings for the very reason given. (Something about sauce and ganders ?(I also hold REI)) BUT this is evidently a much more private equity play than the Rupert's big old bear offering. And it will be a slow train coming - Given that this counter holds less front row assets than REI - and will probably be second/third in line after the main players when reaping time comes round - it still offers very attractive positions... but this is after all, all "sow now reap later" stuff. We all know why the pref structure exists. ( So still wake me in 5 years.)
0 Kudos