Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Another little nibble on the way

Not applicable
Well now what do we have here, Some news or just price play for divs?
0 Kudos
23 REPLIES 23
Not applicable
do you have a exposure to the share?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I jump in and out when the opportunities present. Like today is a nice nibble into weakness. No long term holdings.
0 Kudos
GarethJ
Regular Contributor
Today is the 2nd big volume down day in a week - I wouldn't be buying today...
0 Kudos
Not applicable
agreed, the title says nibble on the way. But a little here and a little there on the way down does give coffee tokens for the Little Mexican coffee hut ;-). I will wait for the re-entry under 200 again.
0 Kudos
sponono
Super Contributor
Mmmmmmmm........highest volumes in 12 months. Looks like more pain is still coming here.
0 Kudos
grommet
Regular Contributor
i'll wait , but gimme some
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
Nibbling into weakness? Is that not flawed trading mentality!
0 Kudos
Not applicable
WEll if you use your argument in the diciplined trader post, "averaging down in a defined range" it that not the situation you were refering to? I merely said a nibble was approaching, did not say where entry was. I recon we can wait for 200 odd.
0 Kudos
leminus2
Regular Contributor
Seems like a good entry point. 200 day average!
0 Kudos
Terra
Super Contributor
I like the 195 you've mentioned...and even a little bit lower than that might be good support...
0 Kudos
kwagga
Super Contributor
I don't trust this market. DOW seems like it has room to go down. Quite a bit room of room. 11500 ish looks like a likely target.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Nah...it's just a pullback,kwagga.It just looks bad because of High-frequency trading.Stuff moves fast..IMP at R195-R198.I'm watching her(and others).Our JSE ALWAYS sells off first, when the hot-money gets nervous.This has been going for almost a month now.Lovely.Now let's see those new trading ranges ...
0 Kudos
Not applicable
me thinks me browser is playing tricks on me. DJ shows -119 points on my one screen and on the other paring even (about 5 up or 5 down). Jees I better look into this cause it could be one serious mistake with wrong data. hehehe
0 Kudos
kwagga
Super Contributor
I was thinking of getting into IMP yesterday, but I'm afraid this market has got me too nervous. Just too choppy and unpredictable at the moment.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I have a system that works quite well with resource stocks - when oversold, wait for a significant gap up - 1% minimum. Works for all resources, but chose the one that has gapped up the most. In today's case, it is IMP. This is the price action I am looking for. Give it 30 minutes to 1hr to make sure it is sustained. It needs to have made a fresh high, otherwise the trade is off. Enter at the current price, with a stoploss sitting below the swing low, however I exit the trade if the momentum is not maintained. In otherwords, if the gap is entered. So I am long on IMP today. I like to keep the trade for the longhaul, so I tend to stay with it, unless i get obvious resistance, like dark cloud cover, engulfing candles, doji's etc.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Skaap as always nice approach. I like the options. Dont mind if I add it to my little selection criteria too do you?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Well we are up a good percentage and I finally backed the right horse ;-). Seem to be hovering today and a cool-down back to maybe 205/208 could be built in. However with the new car sales up by that nice margin, overshooting expectation, this might just be a breather before we head back to 230 mark again....ride 'em...
0 Kudos
leminus2
Regular Contributor
IMP is struggling to break 214. any views on where it should be heading?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I have been a watching it. I bailed my position (good return) to be honest yesterday when I had to goto a wedding. But today seems a drifter as well. I am looking at shorter times (15 min charts) and see a little concern. I am expecting a pull-back as stated earlier maybe around 207, but the direction is worrying. Right now I am staying out and if it breaks 215 I will get back in or if it does pull back I will again get in. Fridays are not my fav trade days cause I have to hold the week-end but occasionally a good position comes begging, however I dont think today is it..
0 Kudos