Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Antimatter

Wizard
Super Contributor
When the Write brothers made their first flight, Boeing 747 was already history in the making. With the creation of antimatter which is the most efficient energy source in the world and can propel us close to speed of light, the question is not HOW but WHEN a spacecraft will be made to go to the nearest star. 100years.200?? The only problem is that it costs $62.5 trillion per gram at present.
0 Kudos
19 REPLIES 19
Not applicable
Angels and Demons was a good movie
0 Kudos
Russ
Super Contributor
Do you think they will make cars that run on antimatter?That would make the trip to work more enjoyable.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
0 Kudos
saash
Super Contributor
With all the cell regenerating research going on, we'll probably still be alive to find out how the world will afford this stuff.
0 Kudos
Wizard
Super Contributor
Because u like going to work and sure nothing short of abundance of energy to overcome gravity they will make it fly for u as well!! :)))
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Problem how do you store it? its antimatter, can not be touched by matter ?
0 Kudos
Copper
Regular Contributor
Were using antimatter everyday. IN our PET scanners (positron emission tomographers) nuclei at a cellular level are bombarded with high velocity positrons creating a mini subatomic collapse that generates an antimatter signal that is recorded on a film. Technically speaking the human body has enough antimatter to create a mini black hole to eventually collapse the planet. Interestingly, this was recorded in a Hindu scripture called the Purana about 4000 years ago which described this power as electron strong as opposed to electron weak/magnetic/gravitational. Robert oppenheimer(the father of the atomic bomb) quoted from this very scripture as the first A-Bomb was test detonated in New Mexico in 1945 - "I have become death, the shatterer of worlds"
0 Kudos
Wizard
Super Contributor
I don't know why uncle Ben just doesn't step in and pay the bill.. :) . instead he is bailing out some losers like GM that will go bankrupt in any case
0 Kudos
Wizard
Super Contributor
magnetic fields I think
0 Kudos
Wizard
Super Contributor
I just read that the most powerful bomb exploded `The Tsar Bomba' was 47 mg-tons of energy. They used hundreds of kg of conventional nukes for an A-bomb. It takes only 1 kg of antimatter to reproduce the same bomb!
0 Kudos
saash
Super Contributor
Its decided. This plannet is going to blow itself up. I hope I find somewhere else to live by the time it happens.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
lol! Let me know if you find that place!
0 Kudos
Wizard
Super Contributor
The only safe place is where Osama hides
0 Kudos
Russ
Super Contributor
Think positively.It's mind over antimatter.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
you mean antimind over antimatter..
0 Kudos
striker
Super Contributor
does it matter ?
0 Kudos
Wizard
Super Contributor
never mind :)
0 Kudos
TheoPrinsloo
Contributor
definitely going long on antimatter as soon as it lists. ETF maybe.
0 Kudos
Wizard
Super Contributor
I also wanted to buy property on Mars... but NASA didn't allow me
0 Kudos