Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Any Ideas on OML movement

HateGauteng
Super Contributor
Hi. My exit strategy on my OML SSF long says exit at 720. The price has touched this point. Should I stick to my strategy or is greed good?? Has anyone else got an idea on wether OML is going up or down from here?
0 Kudos
52 REPLIES 52
TOPIX
Regular Contributor
My exit strategy is at 690. Stick to your strategy. If the share goes down you'll be happy you did - if the share goes up and you did not stick to your strategy, you'll get rewarded for not sticking to your strategy. You'll learn a bad habit and one day it will cost you a lot more in money and confidence.
0 Kudos
messager
Contributor
Watch Kokkie Kooyman on you-tube on moneyweb.
0 Kudos
HateGauteng
Super Contributor
Thanks. Any idea how long OML might hold it's current price? Is it a good idea to change my posttion from long to short in the 700 price range?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
If you're sitting on a profit, why wanna take a risk in losing it? Put in a stop loss and wait for direction OMO
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I'm waiting for R8,50 - R9,00
0 Kudos
HateGauteng
Super Contributor
Thanks. Are you dealing in SSFs or straight shares?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Im also waiting for that, just hope it goes there..
0 Kudos
HateGauteng
Super Contributor
OML seems to be stuck in the 700 plusminus 10 range. Hope there's no profit taking next week.
0 Kudos
topgun
Super Contributor
Methinks you will soon find out whether greed and procrastination is good...
0 Kudos
Starsky
Frequent Contributor
if you wait long enough will reach R10
0 Kudos
barry_1
Super Contributor
i'm holding a call warrant at the moment,yes slightly down in price,my stop-loss is further down,but have hope of a recovery on Monday.
0 Kudos
Theater_Cat
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
Not applicable
3 bucks for OML?? Theatre arent all ur species "the bears" in hibernation??,yourll can come back in may for now its the bull run..Dow back at 9000 soon,watch the space
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Yeah the next 2 weeks should run up very nicely. I got in at 7,15, have no doubt it will be above 8 by end of this week. I'm feeling very bullish this week.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Not a good start to the week
0 Kudos
richardw
Super Contributor
There are so many possible issue that could jerk it either way - nuts to make up your mind about where it's going. GM etc are just the start. Then G20, then U.S. data.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Don't you just love daytrading ???
0 Kudos
richardw
Super Contributor
Not really - too jumpy :) I'm more of a long-term oke but this is a mad time, so I'm a SSF boytjie this year! Still, good to watch for the insane deals and snipe them as well.
0 Kudos
Theater_Cat
Super Contributor
651c..... Rule number 1 - never disclose your position. It creates too much unwanted opinions/emotional pressure.
0 Kudos