Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Any Value Investors out there?

Not applicable
Hi there, Do any forumites consider themselves as true value investors? If looking at the market from this angle, which shares would you recommend right now? I was thinking along the lines of SHP/MSM/PPC/TIGER BRANDS. A crude analysis led me to these (mostly retail) shares. Anyone agree/disagree?
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
geordie1
Super Contributor
Yes I try to invest when the price is attractive.I think the easy capital growth has already been made on most shares since say march this year-a lot of shares have gone up around 40%-I managed to buy a few although I was nervous at time.I think if you look at shares you mention and check the price at March this year they have already appreciated significantly. I am no longer in buy mode as earnings have not come in line with price -yet. I am sure there are some stocks that are lagging and that would include some insurance/investment shares-market needs to hold at these levels for 12 months before their fees automatically increase. I think you need to stock pick carefully-I like a 5% div and a pe of 10 ish-then If I like company,management,history and future prospects then I feel confident to buy-not many will pass that test today.
0 Kudos
Werner_1
Super Contributor
Yes, i also like the strategy. have built some positions towards the end of last year and beginning of this year, also havent bought many shares locally for some months but have seen some good gains on the ones i bought earlier.
0 Kudos