Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Any good share/trading idea?

progolfer
Occasional Contributor
Hi people... Any good share or trading idea someone would like to share? Reply to this... Thanx! Have a good day!
0 Kudos
13 REPLIES 13
DST
Super Contributor
For better results - walk faster, and swing slower.
0 Kudos
Rovert
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
SkarlakenKoos
Frequent Contributor
R...E...A...D + attend courses... laziness + spoon feeding = brain-dead = sheep. hard working + self taught + thinking for self = informed = goat.
0 Kudos
TOPIX
Regular Contributor
Keep your eyes on the ball
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Start building a short line of SBK - Increase pozzi by 20% everyday over next five trading days.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
You old dudes always swing low. Only without the fast walk. Stick to boxers, dude.
0 Kudos
Blik
Super Contributor
Maybe hed out onto the course and take a senior high powered banker for his (or her) weekly lesson and listen carefully to what he (or she) says....and then do the opposite..... Seriously lots of good options to buy at the moment - you will just have to have the nads to stay in the game and watch shares move a bit sideways and down for a little longer. As for trading try to track down Chartist.
0 Kudos
SIMBA
Super Contributor
Forget about the trading Mumbo Jumbo.and pretty charts that are very good at telling you what happend yesterday. Look at the trends around the world and how events tie into them at home. {jse} Dont commit more than 33% of your time or cash into the J.S.E. Pursue other money making items i.e. property trading,your day job ect.If you are unsure what to do park your cash and go fishing until you future becomes clearer , see my remarks 24 feb 2009.......good luck and report back in one year.......
0 Kudos
barry_1
Super Contributor
Good idea as well as those above is to start several watchlists of shares u think you should take in a portfolio.Remember to add the tracker....Then don't just buy a share thats running,use company profile and find out why...for instance shares go up towards their LDT dates if they pay a dividend and are likely to decline in price there after, so one must be aware of these dates and not buy blindly....use the charts on this site to help decide which direction a share is moving....also first trade shares before trying the derivitive market where u are sure to loose money,as it take time to get it right and one needs a very good exit method....attend standards courses or u might try a course on-line on this platform,although its rather heavy going....good luck.
0 Kudos
progolfer
Occasional Contributor
Thanx for the people that took it seriously! And I'm no beginner... hehe! I'm 13% up on MTN 12% up on SBK 5% up on MTX I just wanted to hear someone's opinion, sometimes you missout on a good buy opportunity. thanx anyway, take care!
0 Kudos
barry_1
Super Contributor
Naughty ,naughty! u should not do that to us ,makes us cynical and there really people out there that need advice!....At this time i am holding three shares namely,SNU,MTX and CMP, all running very well,as eachhas a special circumstance that led to their under performance in the past.
0 Kudos
og
Frequent Contributor
Thanks for your advice Barry - always welcome. What are your thoughts on Petmin (PET. I held this shar for over two years and saw the price of it more than doubling and then getting back to the break-even and even loss levels that it was at a few weeks ago. I strengthen my position in PET at 125 a week or so ago and I am keen to find out what opinions other forumites have on this share
0 Kudos
barry_1
Super Contributor
See my last comment under Share Discussion on SNU....Coal usually rallies before any other section....I have no PET at this time ,but it also holds a niche in that scarce commodity ,namely anthracite,it should do well in the coming months OMO.
0 Kudos