Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Any good tips, I should get into?

schizo
Frequent Contributor
looking for some place to invest my money, would appreciate some good ideas from you guys
0 Kudos
42 REPLIES 42
DR_1
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
Not applicable
0 Kudos
asylum
Super Contributor
with a name like that i dont know how many tips you gonna get mate
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I will let you know when I want to sell. :P
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Def ABO Bob, wont regret it!
0 Kudos
schizo
Frequent Contributor
thanks guys - things not going so well for me so i thought i would try this online trading thing, but the 3g coverage in Zim is so bad
0 Kudos
hobo
Contributor
0 Kudos
Marko_1
Contributor
Buy some shares in the Australian Cricket Board.....
0 Kudos
topgun
Super Contributor
Buy Zim treasuries - good inflation hedge or invest in some bargain basement local farmland seeing that the war vets have destroyed it.
0 Kudos
barry_1
Super Contributor
ja those "war vets" were all about nineteen years old,when they invaded the farms and the war finished twenty one years previously,go figure!
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
Topgun....I believe the Tabacco Industry is still a viable investment.
0 Kudos
topgun
Super Contributor
I agree Preston ...but not in Zim. No powa, no railways, no fertiliser, no diesel, no rains, no....should I go on?
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
You missed on qoute out "No powa to the people"
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Actually, dudes, the Zim stock market is at all time highs. In March it was hitting daily gains of up to 25 percent. Especially attractive are dual listed shares like Old Mutual, but like banking group CBZ are doing nicely too. Also, foreigners are sneaking back into the country. One broker I met had just been offered one million (US) dollars for a 50 percent share of his firm, from a US investment company; there were many more stories like it. Sure, Zim is a high risk environment (check out Barloworld's comments on PPC Zim) but has the potential for high reward. I also know that one of the world's largest hedge funds, has set up a special trading desk tasked with taking up stakes in Zim companies. Banking, tourism and construction are especially attractive, according to the investment manager in charge of the process. The thinking is that when old Bob finally leaves office, the country is going to become a massive public works project. Mozambique & Angola, for example, are going through huge rebuilding excercises, creating plenty of opportunity for investors. Zim is expected to go through the same. For opportunists, contrarians, grifters and chancers, there's money to be made.
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
Hey Dude, where is my copy ...
0 Kudos
Brazen
Super Contributor
Hi boyo, what addy should I send it to?
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
ipromisenottotradegoldshareseveragain.co.za
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
Brazen
Super Contributor
LOL! Whada youknow, I had to make that promise this morning. In big trouble. . .
0 Kudos