Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Any good tips, I should get into?

Preston
Super Contributor
Hey John This your post also applies to Platinum shares cos i am getting seriously burn't.
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
Ah! what was the punishment, no forum chatting for 24 Hours
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
Hey John Your post also applies to Platinum shares cos i am getting seriously burn't.
0 Kudos
Brazen
Super Contributor
I'm still in tho, got 5 contract in the 119 with stop at below 117. Gapped down in closing yesterday, and recovered this morning. You never know. . . .
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
No dude Plats are the stars of the show dont make that promise. Just get your timing right.
0 Kudos
Brazen
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
Did you get SIR MM this morning reagrding gold shares!
0 Kudos
topgun
Super Contributor
With inflation above 2000% p.a and apparently heading for 5000% it is only natural that the ZSE will be scaling new highs...now try to repratriate those profits. Angola's rebuild is being funded by diamonds and oil....what does Zim have on that scale, besides platinum? To kick start development after Bob's demise, one would need massive foreign aid....an unlikely source given donor fatigue in the West. China might well already own most of Zim's strategic assets. Tobacco is Zim is finished as most of the skills have emigrated, irrigation infrastructure have been decimated and no second generation farmers are available or interested.
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
Only Gravy would find time out from his mission to admire the Doctors Handiwork, good one dude.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
It won't be easy - true enough. Still, Zim does have advantages - a small but well-developed manufacturing sector that benefits from proximity to SA. PPC Zim, for instance, should be selling cement to SA, where there's a shortage. It can't do it now because of forex problems, but in the future, under a less Soviet-oriented leadership, it stands to gain. There are many other companies in the same position. Mining has not begun to see its potential, also because of getting forex for capital imputs, and as you say, repatriating profits. As for the ZSE, companies leading the index are going up on more than just inflation - some of the best are exceeding the index, based on earnings. Again, CBZ is an example. Fixing Zim is not going to be easy, but as and when the fixing starts, there will be money to be made.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Yeah, who'd think that there's a hard-working plastic surgeon in Harare, making a fortune from doing boob jobs for white ladies?
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
I do agree Zim has got a lot of Potential. The question begs to be answered is when will "Floodgate be opened".
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
Sounds like you had a good time though. Have you read the book Shanteram, I kinda get the same feeling as Leopolds?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
Great Book, Good quality anti hero, perfect for long days at the beach!
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
your writing is top drawer, but then you know that!
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Aw shucks - you make me blush..tx dude.
0 Kudos
YNWA
Super Contributor
Ahoy you 2, before you lot get into Leopolds drawers on the beach & feel the Doctors Handiwork....John.....did you see on Market Web that 232 instruments (all shapes n sizes) went down thru' 21 day mov. ave.?
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
Yep I am busy putting a whole buch of kit in the steralizer as we speak! The last patient was a bleeding *****.
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
0 Kudos