Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Any good tips, I should get into?

mib
Contributor
Gravy - is there any way of getting Zim Old Mutual shares sold here or in London?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
As I understand it, Zim law prohibits offshore sales of shares of listed companies. But the reserve bank does suspend the prohibition in certain circumstances. The government, no surprise, is allowed to sell shares offshore, usually to raise forex; there's also talk of high-ups occasionally being allowed to sell shares outside the country. No proof of this, though, at least, not on paper. I'd say any investment in Zim script is worthless outside the country as long as the current forex drought persists. Until this is resolved, getting shares out the country will be hard. Still, nothing stopping investors from cashing out once they've made a profit and swopping the zimdollars for the real thing on the paralel market, as many of them do..
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Top five gainers on ZSE today (courtesy ZFN financial news, Harare) DZLH $7650 +$2150 +39.09% Astra $1310 +$360 +37.89%   Radar $4500 +$800 +21.62%   Cairns $1200 +$200 +20.00%   OK Zim $260 +$40 +18.18%  
0 Kudos