Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Any new feelings on this share?

Not applicable
I feel that if gold gets to, and remains over the $1000 an ounce, simmers will SKY ROCKET. This share could see R 5 before year end!! Any feelings?
0 Kudos
8 REPLIES 8
Heli
Contributor
The way is upwards. Probably R9.
0 Kudos
platsak
Super Contributor
Noew you are sounding like frank black 2 years ago. May I ask why you are so optismistic on this share?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
keep your stoplosses tight though, Simmers has a huge amount of CFD exposure, which should mean that if gold drops, people are going to want to exit quickly
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
5rand, 9rand .. you peoples lack ambition .. why not 724rand ??
0 Kudos
mwk
Frequent Contributor
0 Kudos
Heli
Contributor
SIM has formed a classic double bottom and has found solid support at approx the 170 level. We have seen an increase in volume on any recent upmoves on SIM indicating that there is clearly professional demand for SIM. The longer term downtrend has also been broken , during this breakout we saw a surge toward the 76.4% Fib retracement level indicating additional professional demand. After the subsequent breakout Simmers retraced back to it's POC(Point of Control) on lower volumes which clearly shows us that the professionals did not participate in the retracement move. Simmers has now formed new support at approx 220 which is the previous resistance area. The next clear level is 400 for SIM and then 580 with 750 being the ultimate target level for 2009. Gold futures are also extremely bullish currently with clear target levels above $1000/oz. Simmers should follow suit in rising north, especially as there is overwhelming evidence of professional demand (buying) taking place on SIM.
0 Kudos
SKALA
Super Contributor
no true fundamental reason so far posted to buy SIM, I think.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
other than the fact that their gold production is well underway, they have great reserves, good projects in the pipeline, excellent management, well funded and in need of a rerating (they are currently rated as uranium suppliers, which trade at a significant discount to gold producers). The only negative in my book, is the huge open CFD positions, which could force this share to swing like a wild cat
0 Kudos