Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Any news?

SD
Contributor
Does anyone have any idea what's happening with the Reliance deal? I know they extended talks till mon, but nothing has happened so far. Is it worth holding this share right now? Most of my portfolio is in MTN
0 Kudos
16 REPLIES 16
Not applicable
SD - Do not sell!!! Hang in there...I know it's frustrating.
0 Kudos
SD
Contributor
Really frustrating seeing what's happeninig right now and the opportunities i might be missing
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Hang in there, MTN will go north (up more than 5% in 2 days - not bad), resources going south in a BIG way. Sell MTN after you have made a profit, or back to even - and then you climb into resources again. Especially AGL.
0 Kudos
louisg
Super Contributor
MTN is one of the best listed companies around with fantastic prospects (irrespective of any talks)and you own a part of it. Long term...hold, short term....don't know. OMO
0 Kudos
SD
Contributor
Thanks for the advise
0 Kudos
Not applicable
SD you will smile again!!! Thanks Louisg...
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Up 10 Percent not bad in a day
0 Kudos
Not applicable
MTN's just scored the biggest govt contract in SA history.
0 Kudos
Rossi
Contributor
Where did you see that?
0 Kudos
DST
Super Contributor
Easy, Tiger. MTN NS' biggest ever govt contract, by no means the biggest ever govt contract in all history!!!
0 Kudos
louisg
Super Contributor
[ Johannesburg, 17 July 2008 ] - "MTN Network Solutions (MTN NS) has been awarded its biggest government tender yet - a South African Social Security Agency (Sassa) contract worth R166 million over three years."???
0 Kudos
SD
Contributor
Isn't the company supposed to post such info on SENS?
0 Kudos
JohnnyCash
Super Contributor
Based on MTNs Turnover this is but a small drop in the ocean. Would imagine directors not even required to approve this level of deal value.... Do not mistake yesterday's price action to have anything to do with this announcement. That is merely looking for corroborating evidence to validate the jump in price.
0 Kudos
Copper
Regular Contributor
Ok..so the deal collapsed. Why am i not surprised that the stock slumped 2.75% just before closing and the annoucement of deal failure made 36 minutes after the JSE close. Wonder what will happen on monday...
0 Kudos
Not applicable
nice one boy..mTN
0 Kudos