Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Any recommendations.

Phil_Jones
New Contributor
I want to buy and hold for long term.What stocks can I go for.
0 Kudos
44 REPLIES 44
Preston
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
Werner_1
Super Contributor
GND rules... Also offering good value at the moment and is a very solid business model, just wait for the global economy to start moving again and then they will make some good earnings.
0 Kudos
Werner_1
Super Contributor
GND rules... Also offering good value at the moment and is a very solid business model, just wait for the global economy to start moving again and then they will make some good earnings.
0 Kudos
Eagle_Canyon
Occasional Contributor
Old Mutual is a share with phenominal capital growth potential. Historically has paid good dividends. Hardest hit with share dropping to 4.54 in last year. Trading at 10.20. Still a long way to go to get to its 25.00 aprox highest level. What goes down must go up in my opinion.
0 Kudos
AJT
Super Contributor
Long term, I would go for a mix of Sasol, Standard Bank, SAB, Billiton, Tigerbrands, to name a few...
0 Kudos
Prestonmyhusban
Regular Contributor
APN is also a good share. Bit expensive at this stage.
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
Werner_1
Super Contributor
haha. i thought the same...
0 Kudos
Shaun_Siddall
Super Contributor
pRESTO YOU MAKE ANY CASH AT THE JULY? aGREE WITH ajt.
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
Hi Shaun Just caught the Vodacom durban July Trifecta. Small change compared to the quartet it paid R400K.lol So what are you doing with all those free time? Property industry not doing so well.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
GND ???? You guys have been punting this for 3 years now, at 23 it was a buy ??? and now at 1400 a buy ??? AHHH at 10 as well ... Hey ? Long term, YES you will Maybe make your money for the next generation to come which is still a good thing in my eyes ... Good Luck to them long term boys !
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
Hennie sweetheart,I know something you don't know.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Yes so do I your 40 K loss on GND ?? YES
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
WTF? Are you smoking grass Hennie?
0 Kudos
Werner_1
Super Contributor
Over the years i just accumilate the share, since i started i have multiples more of GND and the dividends that i recieved have been very attractive, solid company, with excellent management and WILL be excellent over long term... I will always punt this one unless their business/operations change fundamentally to the worse, so far no reason for that...
0 Kudos
Werner_1
Super Contributor
Check what would have happened if you owned GND for the past 10 years! let me know your findings. remember to include dividends.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Yes, Werner ... Should have ? ... must have ?.... If i did ? If I didn't ? ... Why didn't I ? ...
0 Kudos
Not applicable
except the 60% profit warning! Right now FTSE index trackers (DBXUK) is offering great value - historical 4% yield with the perfect storm scenario of rand being super strong against hte pound and FTSE coming off its lows.
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
Hennie, Clearly you are trying to provoke. Phil, We have expressed our opinion. Avoid the noise when making your decision.
0 Kudos