Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Any small cap picks?

analyst
Frequent Contributor
Hi What are your picks for the AltX?
0 Kudos
17 REPLIES 17
Pleiades
Frequent Contributor
BEG, ATR (maybe running out of steam)and one that's on main board and looking strong is GIJ
0 Kudos
Harathke
Regular Contributor
ATR, SUL, and PSV. See http://www.smallcaps.co.za/oldnewsletters.htm the May 2007 newsletter.
0 Kudos
analyst
Frequent Contributor
Thanks for this. Why would you say GIJ if I may ask?
0 Kudos
Pleiades
Frequent Contributor
Good results, lucrative Anglo contract, seems to have broken out of the 90-100c range it traded for the first part of the year.
0 Kudos
analyst
Frequent Contributor
0 Kudos
topgun
Super Contributor
PNC is still very undervalued and seems set for a run, while SBG and ADW are also breaking out. All these shares are still undervalued with high growth rates, good management, solid balance sheets and sound prospects.
0 Kudos
analyst
Frequent Contributor
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Agree with SBG, ADW, Also have a look at BDM
0 Kudos
MJ_1
Occasional Contributor
ENL is my pick for the next few months
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I've been frustrated with ENL - can't seem to break out of its channel. Agree with BDM, ADW and SUL (although too illiquid). Also starting to watch RAR and FWX (think I missed the boat though).
0 Kudos
ABuzz
Super Contributor
I'd tend to agree with ADW, SBG & GIJ. ENL has only been range-bound of late because Trevor Edwards has been offloading his ahead of his retirement - due for a surge again. Also look at VMK, good value at current 128 cents level (and you'll get a dividend if you get in before Friday). And if you want something with a bit more risk buy ABO or MKX at 3 cents.
0 Kudos
JMC
Occasional Contributor
Check ACD. Came out with excellent results and their aquisitions indicates exceptional growth. Also declared a div today (see latest SENS for results and aquisitions)
0 Kudos
analyst
Frequent Contributor
ABuzz you think MWK is even worth looking at?
0 Kudos
ABuzz
Super Contributor
Yes, I do think MKX is worth a look, see my other posting on it. Despite everything stacked against it, I see it going to 6 - 7 cents in the next 3 or so months. OMO
0 Kudos
ABuzz
Super Contributor
And add to that my another one of my favourites - IMU - going to climb after todays SENS
0 Kudos
Goldbull
Frequent Contributor
Esor heavy construction
0 Kudos
analyst
Frequent Contributor
Thanks guys. I am watching RAR too. What about mid to large caps? ANy ideas there?
0 Kudos