Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Any thoughts on JSC

Blik
Super Contributor
Any thoughts on JSC at 160? It looks to be on the up, with a nice dividend coming up in May. Will this one ride out the storm? (MB your replies dont count here!)
0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
Blik
Super Contributor
Up 20% today - but surely must come back a bit, especially with the 10 cents div coming up.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
the move today is only really on one trade at 190c .. value of r1500 ..
0 Kudos
Blik
Super Contributor
Simon - do you think its a "mistake" trade? I know its low volumne.
0 Kudos
ACEP_
Regular Contributor
Blik, for what its worth I think this one could be for the bottom drawer. If I recall correctly Afro-C (ACT) bought a stake and with Directors like Motty Sacks, Brian Joffe, Meyer Khan in ACT you can pretty much bet they did their DD properly. If you want long term exposure to JSC also consider a stake in ACT. ACT are in the process of acquiring Lethimvula (Medscheme & Rowan Angel)which are looking at becoming the biggest Medical Aid administrators by taking out Old Mutual (MA Admin div). ACT have tanked from R2.80 to current R1.50 since the cash / share deal was announced. Offer extended to 29 May to take out minorities. ACT was only a shell a while ago maybe the forumites can shed further light.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
nah, more likely a small trader not really knowing what they are doing trading an illiquid share .. an ramping the price ..
0 Kudos
ET
Contributor
hey whats wrong with my comments!
0 Kudos
Not applicable
We will never sell JSC at 160 - it would be a joke. Remember at the moment, JSC is closer to its 12 months low and one sees it rising further in the near future - for me, its time to either buy or those who have it, hold onto it.
0 Kudos