Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Any views on ALSI today?

yadav
Contributor
Any opinions/ ideas on ALSI today/ for the week. I am going long with the index.
0 Kudos
20 REPLIES 20
Not applicable
choppy..she is looking too happy this morning..short taken at 28800,with big stop.Please don't follow my trade as I might be wrong.Better to do ones own analysis with clear entry and exits.Good luck
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
if trades below +/- 28600, then will short... but ah you will be 200 points....
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Our market way ahead of the rest it seems..might be the elections or IMF boss not guilty until proven..FTSe at an important level,so trade with care.
0 Kudos
yadav
Contributor
Thanks mate. Any ideas on today?
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
ALSI trading in a range now. shorted this morning to low of day. Based on the SP 500 futures, the short term trend is up and I anticipate long trades if I get confirmtaion on ALSI.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Rams look at the sp500 and the alsi.Both at 61% retracement of the previous run down.Typycal for a wave 2(zig zag).So my opinion we might just start a wave 3 down now.
0 Kudos
Mar-11
Super Contributor
me long......looking big day.....imo...cld be wrong...
0 Kudos
yadav
Contributor
Thanks guys.. with my analysis, I am expecting it to go down like in the range of 28450 to 28500.
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
Christos, I have been following that pattern but realised that the correction is too long compared to the trend its correcting.There was head and shoulders and now double bottoms forming and they all come about with correction-so trading in a range.Look at yesterdays low on SP500 and the second low at 23HOO, and the corrresponding HISTOGRAM. We have had the run -up already but short term, if we exceed the high of day, then we go up more.
0 Kudos
janne
Frequent Contributor
So far ur MAs and indicator pointings to steady rise, 10 mins chart up as well, hourly chart is rising wedge, so i enterd 2 long trades since start. So fasr worked out fine.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
There she goes..where she will end up no one knows
0 Kudos
ndabs
Frequent Contributor
staircase up and elevator down
0 Kudos
Not applicable
SP500 turned on the 50% retracement level.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
awkward rising wedge broken to the downside.. below 780 I think the trade is on 100%
0 Kudos
Not applicable
She has got to go to 28250 to 28150.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
yip its on like donkey kong
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Hey guys its a ending diagonal.Alsi and sp500 1 hr charts.Target for the alsi only 28600 before we take the run up.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Check S&P and Dow Daily graph..channel broken,,so looking for more downside in the days to come
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
good call on the short today, Christos...
0 Kudos